SAVE GROVEY!!! by Chiffon Huileux (Page 1 of 2)

Chiffon Huileux
Everyone who thinks Colin should keep Grovey now that she's fixed and because she's a lovely looking car please add a post here :mrgreen:

We all know Col has had one or two problems but if you think about it alot of the problems were made worse by situation :confused:

E.g- The alternator went at a bad time of year (snow etc) then failed again. So seemed worse than should of been.
And this poor starting fault was made to seem much worse by the difficulty we had in diagnosing the fault, namely injector 3. :hissyfit:

I know that there has been other problems but these have been little more than wear and tear. :nurse:

So please comrades lets all unite and restore Colins faith in Grovey. After all its a lovely looking car :thumbsup:
Anyone want to stroke my Chinese Bear?

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 21:21 #1 

takestock
Yup i'm in for that, all problems behind you. Plus the colour matches your complexion Col :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 21:30 #2 

Tazman3
He cant get rid of that lovely coloured ZT.....

see here next to mine...contrasting colours....lovely

Martin

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 21:36 #3 

JohnDotCom
Keep it my fellow Member, you know it makes sense now you have her all sorted.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 21:43 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Nah, buy a Volvo. They's really good reliable motors and make sure it's silver, can't be doing with any of them coloured jobbys, ghastly business.

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 23:40 #5 

James.uk
Even I can spot Grovey a mile off! It's a lovely car, and an extremely unusual colour..

All the MG's n 75's have problems, Groveys no worse, and loads better than most.. :)

Parting with her would be something Colin would regret for a lonnggg time I think.. (Even if it is an MG) ;)

Posted 09 Jun 2010, 00:57 #6 

DeuxGazoles
Mick wrote:Nah, buy a Volvo. They's really good reliable motors and make sure it's silver, can't be doing with any of them coloured jobbys, ghastly business.

Silver you say 8-) why's there no drool smiley?
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 09 Jun 2010, 08:02 #7 

Jaygee
Colin you dont really want to part with Grovey for a Volvo (aka ford)
people call 75's/mg's old mans cars but come on man a VOLVO!!!!!!!!!
Member No: 155 Image

Posted 09 Jun 2010, 08:08 #8 

Zeb
I'll save it....he can give it to me.... :D

Posted 09 Jun 2010, 09:02 #9 

loz1971
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! a bit torn here, I know Col's had problems with Grovey, and being an x Volvo owner myself, I can vouch for the fact that he will have had more problems with Grovey than he will EVER have with an (old) Volvo. My old 740 sat in a farmers field for 15 months, and when I took it out I went straight to the MOT centre and it sailed through, now as much as I love my 75, I don't have the faith in it to do that!!

BUT THEN AGAIN

My mum always says, better the devil you know, Col, you could buy a Volvo and have to go through all this expense again (it could happen :confused: ) so just consider that you know everything that has been done to Grovey, and everything that could go wrong, a new car always poses these questions again, it's just a thought!!

But everybody seems to be missing the real problem here, it's not Grovey I'm worried about losing (no offence) It's Colin!! I wouldn't even be on this forum if not for him.

So just promise Col, that if Grovey goes, YOU WONT!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 09 Jun 2010, 15:26 #10 

starbug2
we both have had problems with our cars :panic: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :angry: but we love them anyway . i'm keeping mine so you got to keep yours :cheers:

Posted 09 Jun 2010, 18:40 #11 

raistlin
I think you've been through the worst Col, so now would be a good time to enjoy the car and re-coup some of your investment :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 09 Jun 2010, 19:12 #12 

Chiffon Huileux
Cheers guys for the support :clap: Keep it coming.

I think we can do it, it appeared he may have been starting to sway in the pub last night. :cheers:

Regards Chiffon

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 12:30 #13 

DeuxGazoles
I've never heard so much TOSH! it's only an old 2 a penny MG estate car not some irreplaceable 1920s sports car :roll:
Quick take off those rose coloured glasses
and see it for what it is :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 14:00 #14 

Chiffon Huileux
Take no notice, he loves Grovey really :stirer:

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 14:10 #15 

DeuxGazoles
PIFFLE! That's what I say :roll:

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 14:12 #16 

Chiffon Huileux
But its............. :gmc:

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 14:16 #17 

DeuxGazoles
Chiffon Huileux wrote:But its............. :gmc:

..................a long walk back from Alnwick :lol:

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 14:30 #18 

Chiffon Huileux
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab22 ... 9_main.jpg

Let us all bow our heads as this appears to be the grim future for our friend :hissyfit:

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 14:41 #19 

Mad-Monkey
Chiffon Huileux wrote:http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab221/joogthepoog/volvo_hearse_4459_main.jpg

Let us all bow our heads as this appears to be the grim future for our friend :hissyfit:

Theres a few black ZTT's with limo glass that feel like one of those!! :mrgreen:

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 16:32 #20