Save this 'MOA' 75! by Cowley_MOA (Page 2 of 2)

Bernard
carlpenn wrote:
True, but surely with all the service history, worst case scenario is a replacement Gearbox? The Bay of Flea's surely will have on at some point?

My colleague bought a auto box, guaranteed working, from the local scrapyard for £150. There is little demand for them.
Try buying a box for a Citroen/Peugeot. :shock:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 10:49 #21 

MrB
I was more concerned as to whether it had had all of its belts replaced??

This could well be the true reason for it's sale, the gearbox may be jerky but a change of fluid and will probably be fine. As stated worst case scenario, couple of hundred quid for a replacement box.

But the 90K service, with all the belts etc, now that is not just a couple of hundred quid.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 16:30 #22 

Thomas 75 connie
As said who would be the custodian of such a car. I honestly think it will get broken. If this was at the end of November when all my bills were paid off I could havebought this and would have bought this.

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 10:55 #23 

Cowley_MOA
Thomas 75 connie wrote:As said who would be the custodian of such a car. I honestly think it will get broken. If this was at the end of November when all my bills were paid off I could havebought this and would have bought this.

I really hope it doesn't as there aren't many pre Launch cars about. I think it will sell for between £400 and £600. Never mind I might have saved it but I already have a project... :o
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 11:29 #24 

JakeWilson
I've got the space and potentially the resources to work on it, but not the funds

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 11:31 #25