Pro / semi-pro cordless drill/driver recommendations please by Duncan

Duncan
Well my Favourite Bosch cordless has died today, after a few years of hard use. It's only one of the green range but has been pretty good.

So, what should I replace it with? I could go for a Bosch Blue range, but are they really that much more durable? What about Makita, Dewalt, Hitachi and so on? I'm really looking for a recommendation based on someone who uses tools like this on a daily basis, so really knows what lasts and what doesn't.

Posted 15 Mar 2014, 19:21 #1 

zojosc
Blue Bosch is made for the professional market and is far superior to the green range that is designed for the DIY. Personally I would look towards a Makita 18v Combi with Li-ion batteries.They are very robust and have great torque. Makita tend to do great deals if you shop around and usually throw in extra's such as drill bit sets, tote bags etc. I run a tool hire shop and and really cant fault Makita Equipment. Hitachi tends to be rather expensive and you tend to pay for the name with DeWalt. Shop around is the answer.
Andy
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 17 Mar 2014, 12:56 #2 

Duncan
Thanks, Andy. I'd seen an 18v brushless Makita, but they aren't cheap. I think I need to save up for one!

Posted 17 Mar 2014, 17:55 #3 

Bernard
I have had a few different brands over the years but have had good experiences with DeWalt. If you buy on offer I reckon that they are good value. It is the brand that I have retired with!

Sent via Tapatalk.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 17 Mar 2014, 19:11 #4 

DaveyC

Posted 18 Mar 2014, 07:18 #5