Philips Harmony or Speakers to blame???? by Nezza42

Nezza42
I have recently become the proud & happy owner of a 2000 75 Club. Well, generally happy......were I am disappointed is in the sound system!

The sound is very flat & lifeless, upping the bass & treble helps a bit but it's still a bit naff. I suspect the Philips Harmony unit is capable of better, so I'm assuming it's due to tired or just cheap OEM speakers.

Is this a common complaint? If so, is it a change of speakers or head unit I need????

Cheers, Nez

Posted 05 Sep 2011, 15:23 #1 

SpongeBob
The harmony units are to blame on this - with many-a-owner complaining of poor sound performance from them. Many owners have upgraded to the better Symphony units which are far superior in sound output. The speakers themselves are fairly ordinary units but are capable of delivering decent sound when coupled with the Symphony unit. I had a harmony on my last ZT that I upgraded to a Symphony unit - the difference was well worth the upgrade :)

Posted 05 Sep 2011, 20:03 #2 

Nezza42
Thanks SpongeBob, I wasn't expecting that as any Philips units I've previously had in other cars have been fine! So, Symphony it will be then......now, where's my eBay bookmark......... :)

Posted 06 Sep 2011, 02:27 #3 

kandyman
Hi Neal,

before you go off to Ebay you should place a add in the wanted section as i am sure a few of us will have one kicking around, Also where abouts are you located ?

Posted 06 Sep 2011, 14:42 #4 

Nezza42
Good idea, I'll have a look at upgrading after my Hols in a few weeks :)

I'm near Swindon, Wilts.

Cheers, Meal

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 06:35 #5 

kandyman
Drop member Cowley_MOA ( Lewis )a PM he might be able to help you out with the parts you require.

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 08:21 #6 

Nezza42
Ok, thanks.

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 16:36 #7