harmony to syhmpony change by BIG DAVE

BIG DAVE
could anybody please tell the exact procedure to change my harmony head to a symphony head in 2002 my mgzt-t is it just a case of getting the iso lead and plugging in to the back of the head and connecting the other end to the loom,i also have the cd changer in the glove box,is that a straight swop over,also will the steering wheel controls still work,sorry for all the questions.
thanks
Dave

Posted 28 Dec 2011, 18:01 #1 

Duncan
BIG DAVE wrote:could anybody please tell the exact procedure to change my harmony head to a symphony head in 2002 my mgzt-t is it just a case of getting the iso lead and plugging in to the back of the head and connecting the other end to the loom,

mostly, yes. You will also need to change the position of the plastic support bracket that holds the back of the radio to the lower hole. Should be obvious when you take out the radio and remove the bracket.

i also have the cd changer in the glove box,is that a straight swop over,also will the steering wheel controls still work,sorry for all the questions.
thanks
Dave

Yes, and yes, so long as your adaptor lead includes the adaption. Steering remotes probably will be, the changer might not, I've not checked out the available leads. Do you have a link to the one you intend to buy / have bought?

Posted 28 Dec 2011, 21:17 #2