Paypal does it again by raistlin

raistlin
I haven't received an item. I claimed from Paypal as the original seller wasn't being, shall we say, co-operative.

The seller provided a tracking number that is absolute nonsense, apparently provided by Royal Mail and when you check it on their tracking page it states "This is not the sort of number we were expecting"

Not surprising really as it was 23 digits long. I mentioned this to Paypal and received not even an acknowlegement.

Then, Paypal find in the seller's favour because "The seller provided a tracking number".

So, there you go sellers. Put a load of garbage in as a tracking number and you'll never have to actually send goods ever again.

I can see a day in the not too far distant future when the only two viable businesses in the world will be RyanAir and Paypal ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Apr 2015, 09:56 #1 

PaulT
Presumably if PayPal found in your favour they would not get their cut.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 19 Apr 2015, 17:38 #2 

Bolin
Is it worth the hassle of taking it to the small claims court?

One of their judges might reach a more reasonable conclusion, perhaps?

Posted 22 Apr 2015, 22:43 #3 

Dave
Did anything come of this Paul?

Just asking as just come across another PayPal issue..... A member of the Enthusiasts has just bought some of the bandanas Gill is making. I gave him Gill's PP details, but instead of copy/pasting them, he hand typed it, and, because the email address was underlined as a link, missed an underscore out, so ended up sending the money to

gillexample@example

instead of

gill_example@example :(

He says that the money has gone through and PP aren't being forthcoming in sorting it, as it's "his mistake"!

I've been reading into this, and it would seem that if the incorrect email address is in fact live, and someone has received the money but won't refund it, then this is a crime. Of course, the email address might not be "real" in which case he should be able to just get the money back, although it might take 30 days

In all honesty, PP should have systems in place to cope with this sort of thing, as it must happen 10's of times a day!

Posted 29 Apr 2015, 14:00 #4 

raistlin
Paypal made me an "ex gratia" payment to make me go away Dave. They have previous experience of my tenacity I believe ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 29 Apr 2015, 17:40 #5 

Dave
I like that Paul! I tend to wage a war of attrition in similar circumstances! :)

Posted 29 Apr 2015, 18:03 #6 

Duncan
You should be able to send an email to the address, after all paypal addresses are also email address. Might at least give you an idea if it's live.

Posted 29 Apr 2015, 18:10 #7 

Dave
Cheers Duncan - I've suggested that to the sender of the money, so hope he gives it a go! :D

Posted 29 Apr 2015, 18:31 #8