Old Photos - Pic Heavy - 1954 - North Wales by Mad-Monkey

Mad-Monkey
I know we have a few members from North Wales and I thought I'd share some photos. I found a box a few years back at a carboot which interested me and when I looked inside it was full of negatives, we are talking 100's and 1000's. These were dated 1954 North Wales. Anyone recognise the places in the photo's? Apologies for uploading so many, it was easier, that doing the odd one. I can remove them if people find there are too many!

I don't know who the family are, but they must be rather wealthy to afford cameras and cars at that time! The photos in the box range accross Europe and the UK and I am rather fascinated by them! Nothing from during the War but a good span of dates so far. There's quite a few from Wales, and it always looks like they're on holiday! :D

[centre]Image

Image[/centre]

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 20:43 #1 

Dallas
Blooming ek! :o you have just made that lady famous .... me thinks...... :D

..................... The last pic might be that the young lady may have worked for BT.

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 20:56 #2 

MrB
Dallas wrote:Blooming ek! :o you have just made that lady famous .... me thinks...... :D

..................... The last pic might be that the young lady may have worked for BT.

Wouldn't that be the GPO back then??

Shame my Grandad is no longer with us as he worked for the GPO most of his working life after the war. He travelled all over as a HGV driver for them, somewhere we have some old Cine 8 footage that he took from his cab as he was on a run.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 21:23 #3 

JohnDotCom
I did a lengthy reply to this and now its er...gone. Dooh.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 21:25 #4 

Dallas
MrB wrote:
Dallas wrote:Blooming ek! :o you have just made that lady famous .... me thinks...... :D

Wouldn't that be the GPO back then??

eeeeerrrrrrrr! Yep! :oops: my history is rubbish........ :lol:

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 21:29 #5 

Mad-Monkey
I think she was married at the church in Yardley as there are wedding pictures in the collection! Its like an entire life in pictures, quite amazing.

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 21:35 #6 

Russ
(Trader)
Some really interesting stuff there besides the upskirt shots :D

I love looking through stuff like that, it's something that's alway's interested me especially industrial history.

I think it stems from my childhood when we used to explore the old mine buildings, and disused railway lines near where we lived.

Reminds me that I've got quite a few old family negatives to go through and get printed up when I get the chance.

Russ
Full T4 diagnostics, options enabled and disabled p.m for details

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 01:37 #7 

MrB
Russ wrote:Reminds me that I've got quite a few old family negatives to go through and get printed up when I get the chance.

Russ

Hi Russ

You can get negative scanners for your PC now as well. If you would like to have them digitally.

Sorry for the mini hijack.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 10:25 #8 

Russ
(Trader)
Thanks Chris, I usually use my normal A4 scanner then reverse the image.

Just takes a little longer, thing is once I get started I end up spending days on them. ;)

Russ
Full T4 diagnostics, options enabled and disabled p.m for details

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 10:39 #9 

MrB
Know what you mean Russ.

Easy to spend days on that sort of thing. Great fun looking at what you turn up sometimes.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 11:31 #10