The Wales manager Gary Speed by kandyman

kandyman
The Wales manager Gary Speed has been found dead at his home after apparently committing suicide.

The former Leeds, Everton, Newcastle and Bolton midfielder was found hanged at his home in Chester this morning.

Police say there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the 42 year-old's death.

The Football Association of Wales confirmed the news, saying that Speed's family had authorised the release of the information.

A spokesman for Cheshire Police said: "At 7.08am on Sunday 27 November 2011, Cheshire police was informed of a sudden death at an address in Huntington, Chester.

"Officers went to the scene where a 42-year-old man was found dead. The next of kin have been informed and have confirmed the identity of the man as Gary Speed.

"There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death the family have requested that they are left in peace to grieve at this difficult time. A family tribute will be released at a later date but not today."

Following news of his death, tributes from the world of football were paid.

The Manchester United striker Michael Owen, who lives near the star, tweeted: "Just cannot believe the news regarding Gary Speed. We waved at each other a couple of days ago dropping our kids off at school. I'm numb."

Former Wales international Robbie Savage wrote on Twitter: "He was upbeat on phone yesterday we were laughing together , talking football and dancing he was a great teammate and a great friend #RIP."

Posted 27 Nov 2011, 13:31 #1 

Zeb
Balance of his mind disturbed one suspects :( Possibly no other explanation than that...he had everything to live for. Feel for his family...

Posted 27 Nov 2011, 13:55 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
A crying shame that somebody with everything to live for should be brought to taking his own life.

Posted 27 Nov 2011, 14:59 #3 

JohnDotCom
A sad day indeed. RIP.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 27 Nov 2011, 19:31 #4 

takestock
Health, wealth and happiness, the first two are nothing without the third, I feel sorry for not only him and the escape he searched in desperation for, but also those he chose to burden with the taking of his own life.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 27 Nov 2011, 19:41 #5 

JohnDotCom
So very true Dave, those loved ones left behind to sort everything out, with no answers.......just Questions.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 29 Nov 2011, 16:14 #6