October Nano-meet by raistlin (Page 2 of 5)

starbug2
SUBJECT TO A LOT OF BIRTHDAYS GOING ON I WOULD LIKE TO GO... WILL KNOW CLOSER THE TIME

Posted 04 Oct 2011, 12:38 #21 

Duncan
Likewise, I have to keep three Sundays clear for a Birthday party, and this is one of them. The decision will be made for certain 3 weeks ago, then I'll know if I can come.

Posted 04 Oct 2011, 12:41 #22 

raistlin
I've entered you both as possibles :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Oct 2011, 16:53 #23 

Bernard
I'm a highly probable too. :)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 04 Oct 2011, 17:03 #24 

raistlin
Sorry Bernard, I can't spell highly probable ;)
Paul

Posted 04 Oct 2011, 17:45 #25 

Duncan
At last, I can confirm that I'll be there. If they change the date of the 'party' now it's their problem.

See you all there. I'll probably want to spend the day sorting my own car as I have a lot of finishing off for my freeview install

Posted 05 Oct 2011, 19:45 #26 

raistlin
Duncan wrote: I'll probably want to spend the day sorting my own car as I have a lot of finishing off for my freeview install

I can handle the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) operations for you Duncan :)
Paul

Posted 05 Oct 2011, 20:08 #27 

Duncan
raistlin wrote:
I can handle the T4 operations for you Duncan :)

Good stuff. We'll need some kind of genny to run a battery charger, though that little 12v genny might do the job, if I have an inverter for the lappytop.

Posted 05 Oct 2011, 20:18 #28 

Bermudan 75
Hi Paul,

Can you put me on the list please, got a few mods that need doing.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 05 Oct 2011, 21:40 #29 

Arctic
(Trader)
Duncan wrote:At last, I can confirm that I'll be there. If they change the date of the 'party' now it's their problem.

See you all there. I'll probably want to spend the day sorting my own car as I have a lot of finishing off for my freeview install

HI Duncan
If you need any help give me the nod cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 05 Oct 2011, 22:37 #30 

raistlin
Rover418275 wrote:Hi Paul,

Can you put me on the list please, got a few mods that need doing.

Cheers

Mike

On the list Mike. Haven't seen you for a while :)
Paul

Posted 06 Oct 2011, 08:23 #31 

BADLAD
Duncan, a good friend at work has bought a zr this week. If he popped in to the nano meet, would it be possible for him to have it checked out on the t4 for potential problems please? I thought I'd ask in advance in case it would be a problem.
He's a nice bloke, a superb engineer and a big car buff - he has a knack for coming up with solid engineering solutions and may be able to assist us all with his experience and knowledge.
I hope I'm not overstepping the mark with this request on his behalf, but it would be much appreciated if at all possible.
Ooh, I can bring some bread along on Sunday if wanted. Just let me know what to bring and I'll get it.

Cheers!

Ian

Posted 07 Oct 2011, 00:19 #32 

Duncan
Shouldn't be a problem to put it on the T4, so long as I have the right lead. I'll try to check whether I do, but I can't say for sure right now.

Posted 07 Oct 2011, 06:54 #33 

Mad-Monkey
I will have mine with me if you haven't got it Duncan.

Posted 07 Oct 2011, 07:12 #34 

BADLAD
Thanks lads, that's very kind if you both. I shall tell him to turn up and bring the car with him then.
Am I required to bring any loaves? If so, let me know White or brown and how many please.
Cheers,
Ian.

Posted 07 Oct 2011, 15:11 #35 

Trebor
For those that want breakfast shall we say meet at the Turf pub on the A5 for 9am as the cafe is only a couple of minutes away and than a convoy to the meet for 10 - 10.30, for those that are just attending the meet see you there.

We are hoping to have a car detailer and valeter present with products for sale at a 10% discount so if you need any car cleaning stuff bring some money and i can confirm that lunch will be pork cobs/baps with crackling flown over from chez Trebor, tea and coffee on tap all day via an urn and i will supply the tea/coffee milk etc, and as Lyndon has said there will be an honesty box for a contribution just to cover costs.

Ian- thanks for the offer of bringing some loaves but no need as the pork will be served on cobs not bread as in slices of

Just had confimation from Lee at http://www.showshinevaleting.com/ that he will be popping along with his full range of car cleaning products all of which carry a 10% discount on the day, he will be able to give us some advise on the best ways to look after our pride and joys, also to have a play with some of his products
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 08 Oct 2011, 19:40 #36 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Rob (trebor) dont be late :lol: as you are first on the list for the handbrake mod i am hoping to bring 6 with me so far on the list for this mod are.
Rob (trebor)
Paul (raistlin)
Duncan
Mick (wideload)completed
Mike (Rover418275)
Fraser
John Wright

Fitting time about 30mins with two people doing the job.

I will also have 6 plenum trays with spyhole for exchange more can be fitted as these can be modified on site time 5-10mins

I will also have some lidl leaf collectors with with me. Fitting time 20mins but can be fitted qutie easy by yourselves once shown if required

Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 09 Oct 2011, 09:04 #37 

Last edited by Arctic on 16 Oct 2011, 01:16, edited 6 times in total.

Trebor
i wont be late Steve as i have the keys for the gate, i will be going for breakfast with some of the others but still hoping to be there for 10am to open up
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 09 Oct 2011, 09:13 #38 

Bermudan 75
What is the handbrake mod? :confused:

Posted 09 Oct 2011, 12:28 #39 

BADLAD
The handbrake adjuster bends over time until you run out of adjustment. Arctic has devised (and successfully applied) a stiffening modification to overcome this and reduce the number of clicks your handbrake moves before holding the car. There are pictures above and it takes about 1/2 hour to fit. Well worth the effort in my opinion!

Posted 09 Oct 2011, 13:35 #40