Nano-meet weekend 2nd / 3rd October 2010 by raistlin (Page 1 of 11)

raistlin
The next West Midlands Nano-Meet will take place on Sunday 3rd October 2010 starting at 10:00 (ish)

Several people have asked when the next one is so we decided to get another weekend in before the weather changes and makes camping and working on cars uncomfortable :o

This will be the last one of 2010, at least in the weekend format and we probably wouldn't be keen on doing the first one in 2011 until May :roll:

Following a (somewhat) successful meet in August, the format will be the same this time

The event will take place at:- Four Ashes Inn, Wolverhampton, WV10 7DG Please note that, although it has a Wolverhampton post code, this is a country pub :)

Click here to see map Look for "Four Ashes public house", slightly to the West of the marked location.

Thanks to Lyndon and Mick we have the use of some excellent facilities :)

There is a camping area at the Inn which will take Tents, caravans etc. and is fairly secluded. We will have the use of the shower block as well.

The nano-meet will still take place starting at 10:00 ish on the Sunday BUT, it's not just the nano-meet :mrgreen:

We know some members are keen to stay overnight so what we've planned is to have a meal at the inn at 7:00 pm on the Saturday night as a bit of a social get-together. That should suit those who are camping, those of us who are local (although a few of the local members are camping anyway just for the craic ;)). There is also a Premier Inn motel for those that prefer, right by the M54 motorway called the Moseley Park and that is a mere 5 minutes away from the venue.

Everybody is invited for either the Saturday evening meal / drinkies, the nano-meet or both :D

Of course, those who would have liked to attend a nano-meet but thought it was too far to travel can now join in the fun.

There is a 24 bay hard-standing plus a huge grassed area for cars to be worked on so no limit on numbers. The usual facilities and expertise will, of course, be available.

Hopefully tea and coffee will be there as usual thanks to David. Plus there's a pub so what more could you need :D

The landord has agreed to have the outside kitchen open during the Sunday for breakfast sandwiches, burgers etc. They will, of course, charge but from what I understand they will be very reasonable prices. This is a big bonus for us as the logistics, work and initial investment in food would have been quite a headache, looking at the potential number of cars :) Thanks to Lyndon and Mick for getting that arranged :)

There is no charge for the meet, parking, the camping facilities etc.

Anybody who would like to come along, please add a post at the end of this thread, letting us know your requirements, how many attending, camping, caravan or motel etc. :)

Families are most welcome

If this meet is anything like the last one,it promises to be a great event. We're looking forward to seeing faces old and new :D

Now, for those of you who haven't a clue what a nano-meet is:-

A meeting for the sole purpose (other than eating) of doing work on our cars. If you've a job or mod you'd like to do but don't have the confidence to attempt by yourself. This is the ideal opportunity as there will be plenty of forum members on hand to help and advise. You're more than welcome to help others with their jobs as well :)

That's how it all works :D So if you've nothing you need doing then please just turn up for the craic and to get stuck in with others :)

It 's a great chance to get stuck in to working on our cars without the usual interruptions we all put up with at home ;)

There will almost certainly be a plethora of diverse experience and facilities. With luck we should have a forum member there who has a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) and knows how to use it :D

Retro-fitting powerfold mirrors seems to have become the signature activity of these meetings and we now have the connectors and terminations to make a pretty much OEM job of it, especially since Ben worked out how to use the door jamb connector blocks :D

Food and drinks generally available throughout the day. Certainly nobody has yet gone hungry.

The only restrictions on what we do are that the task must be comfortably do-able in six to eight hours and nothing oily please as we MUST leave the venue as tidy as it will be when we turn up on the day :)

If you were considering doing one of my remote projects then this meeting would be a good time to get it done, having access to yours truly if you need help ;)

As the list of names develops, more specialities will become apparent ;)

If you need more information then by all means contact either myself or Rob (Trebor). A search of the forum using "nano" or "west midlands" should give you an idea of what happens.

Although it says "West Midlands", these meetings are open to any forum member. You decide how far you're willing to travel :D

Please let us know what you're contemplating doing to you car so we can keep an eye on facilities, tools needed etc.

If you want powerfolds fitting, I make the looms up before the event so they are ready to fit :) Please let me know in plenty of time :)

Owners are responsible for their cars and any work carried out is at their own risk.

OK. Who's going to be there?

Paul (Raistlin) - nano-meet - nothing to be done on VeeKay at present.

Rob (Trebor) - Meal, camping and nano-meet - remote boot release.

Col (Deux gazoles) - Possible

Bernard + Janina - Meal, hotel & Nano - Possible door handle replacement

David (Monk) - Nano (possible overnight) T4 Ninja :)

Dave (Takestock) +1 - Meal (Breaded mushrooms x2, Vegetable Curry with rice and Naan bread, Gammon and pineapple), hotel and Nano.

Chris (MrB) - Possible.

Andy (Andy Willi)

Lewis (Cowley_MOA )

Steve (stevemac) Meal, hotel and nano-meet.

Duncan - meal (1x Steak and Ale with Mash. 1x mixed grill with Chips.) and nano-meet

Alan (Hodgy) - Nano-meet

John (johnwh74) - Meal camping and nano-meet (plus family). Parking heater mod.

Heather (goodlittlewifey ) and Tim - Meal (2 x nachos with cheese 1 x 8 oz rump steak 1 x veggy curry with rice) , camping and nano-meet.

Dave (onefortheroad) - Meal, hotel and nano-meet - Lots of jobs

Steve (Starbug2) - Meal + 1 maybe nano-meet

Les (Gren 24) - Plus Hilda Meal( Sirloin Steak with chips and side order of Onion Rings.Steak and ale pie with chips.) - nano-meet.

Martin (Chartermark) - Meal, B & B nano-meet - Replace steering wheel, hard wire sat nav power supply.

Simon (Spongebob) - Nano-meet

Mick AKA Mick - Nano-meet

Mike (Fingers) - Nano-meet

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 19:39 #1 

Last edited by raistlin on 28 Sep 2010, 17:26, edited 28 times in total.

DeuxGazoles
I'm a possible Paul................depends on finances :em:
Hope I can cos that last one was triffic
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 20:06 #2 

Bernard
Oh Yes!

Possibly fitting colour coded door handles. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 20:19 #3 

raistlin
Names added chaps :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 20:24 #4 

Bernard
raistlin wrote:Names added chaps :)

Camping? Me? Don't be silly. :shock: :whump:

Only 'camping it up' maybe. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 20:36 #5 

Mad-Monkey
Meeeeeee!! :thumbsup: Sunday only at present but maybe the whole weekend! Usual services from me available. Do you want the urn? Wasn't' used last time as people went for the cold drinks but I can bring it just incase.

No work on mine needed at present, unless anyone can do cambelts :shock: :lol:

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 21:09 #6 

raistlin
Monk wrote:Meeeeeee!! :thumbsup: Sunday only at present but maybe the whole weekend! Usual services from me available. Do you want the urn? Wasn't' used last time as people went for the cold drinks but I can bring it just incase.

No work on mine needed at present, unless anyone can do cambelts :shock: :lol:

Urnie would be useful David :)

Are we ever going to get your ultimate remote fitted?
Paul

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 21:12 #7 

Mad-Monkey
I hope so. How much is the trickery needed? I'd also need to run some wires for speed on the day, although, I do have next weekend free for pottering with cables!

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 21:14 #8 

raistlin
Monk wrote:I hope so. How much is the trickery needed? I'd also need to run some wires for speed on the day, although, I do have next weekend free for pottering with cables!

Awkward bit is the extra wires through the door David. IIRC, you have a modified OEM switch panel already. Diode mods in the door are simple enough in theory but easier and neater if previously done :)

The bit in the BCU (Body Control Unit) loom can be a little nerve-wracking if you've never done that sort of thing before but some of us have done one or two ;)

Separate remote or OEM keyfob?
Paul

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 21:24 #9 

takestock
Missus don't do camping :cry: but she don't drink either :D

The plan is, meal and campfire singsong on Sat night. Then my semi comatose shell will be driven the 4 miles to the travelodge between Jtn10 and 11 on the M6 ( £29 for a double room for the evening)

On Sunday i would then like to meet you all to apologise for Sat evening

So, if all goes to plan see you all there :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 21:35 #10 

MrB
takestock wrote:Missus don't do camping :cry: but she don't drink either :D

The plan is, meal and campfire singsong on Sat night. Then my semi comatose shell will be driven the 4 miles to the travelodge between Jtn10 and 11 on the M6 ( £29 for a double room for the evening)

On Sunday i would then like to meet you all to apologise for Sat evening

So, if all goes to plan see you all there :D

£29 for a family room too.

Hmmmmm tempting - Mrs would never camp so this might just be an option.

Might have to have a serious think about this....
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 21:46 #11 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:
Monk wrote:I hope so. How much is the trickery needed? I'd also need to run some wires for speed on the day, although, I do have next weekend free for pottering with cables!

Awkward bit is the extra wires through the door David. IIRC, you have a modified OEM switch panel already. Diode mods in the door are simple enough in theory but easier and neater if previously done :)

The bit in the BCU loom can be a little nerve-wracking if you've never done that sort of thing before but some of us have done one or two ;)

Separate remote or OEM keyfob?

Wires through the door shouldnt be a problem, I like the OEM look so I will pop a few pins into the connectors. My switch panel isnt modified, well it has blue LEDs but nothing else. OEM keyfob mod I'd like to do I think. :)

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 21:48 #12 

andy willi
(Trader)
going to try for this one
alautomotive.info

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 22:15 #13 

raistlin
takestock wrote:On Sunday i would then like to meet you all to apologise for Sat evening

You'll have to go some to be noticed Dave ;)

OP annotated accordingly for you and Andy
Paul

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 09:04 #14 

raistlin
Monk wrote: My switch panel isnt modified

You want me to do that for you prior to the meet David?
Paul

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 09:07 #15 

Cowley_MOA
Subject to both money and Sixth form commitments I hope to be there this time... Don't worry I don't have any holidays planned :lol:
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 10:40 #16 

raistlin
I'll amend the OP accordingly Lewis :)

Please let me know which days you'll be there in due course.
Paul

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 10:45 #17 

stevemac
If I gathered all the bits is there anyone that could help with footlights and puddle lights? :hail:
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 10:49 #18 

raistlin
stevemac wrote:If I gathered all the bits is there anyone that could help with footlights and puddle lights? :hail:

I believe there is Steve :)
Paul

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 10:53 #19 

stevemac
raistlin wrote:
stevemac wrote:If I gathered all the bits is there anyone that could help with footlights and puddle lights? :hail:

I believe there is Steve :)

In that case count me in :D although being a bit of a wuss it will have to be the hotel :sleep:
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 11:41 #20