New Look by Dave (Page 1 of 3)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Dave
Or has the forum changed?!

Had a job to find where to post a new thread, and I can't see a link to "View unread posts" (although I did somehow find a page with title which had over 1000 posts!)

I'm not one for change, but sure I will get used to it!

ps Found "Post a new topic" at the bottom of "General Rover 75 and MG ZT Forum" page but can't see any smilies etc

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 09:46 #1 

Chartermark
Well done most impressive , not an easy task I'd imagine?

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 09:49 #2 

stevemac
I'm liking the new look. Except I've now got to reverse my avatar.

aahhh, that's better. At least I am now facing the right way ;)
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 10:14 #3 

SpongeBob
From any forum at the bottom of the page there is a box to start a new topic.

If you want more functions such as smilies or to upload attachments then click on "Full Editor" from within that box to take you to the full-page post editor. :)

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 10:15 #4 

stroheim
A good improvement I like the fonts and layout, well done

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 10:30 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Yes nice but took me aback at first when i saw it at 03.45 this morning still getting used to my avatar being on the left great job and you can alter the size of the font for people like me with bad eyes, but were do i find the smiles etc.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 10:43 #6 

stevemac
Click full Editor below. There is a smiles button :-D :-D :shock:
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 10:52 #7 

kandyman
To gain access to smilies or if you want to upload attachments, click on Full Editor tab when you have the reply box open and that will take you to a full-page post editor where everything will be available to you.

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 10:54 #8 

jonjon77
now lve spent a few min getting used to it,l like it.l like the fact l can now have a peak at the first few sentences without having to go into the thread by putting my pointer over the headline.

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 12:02 #9 

SpongeBob
Topics Merged and moved into Website Feedback Forum

Thanks for all the kind words of support and encouragement. Appreciated! :) :thumbsup:

For all questions and answers take a look at this announcement: the-new-look-t3426.html

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 12:09 #10 

Tourerfogey
Brilliant - us old fogey's with reading glasses can now see what we're typing and reading.

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 12:51 #11 

Tourerfogey
Has my avatar disappeared? Or didn't I have one? :?:

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 12:52 #12 

SpongeBob
Tourerfogey wrote:Has my avatar disappeared? Or didn't I have one? :?:

You didn't have one ;)

Anyone without one gets the little grey dude as a default. To upload a new one then go to your user control panel and click on "Profile Settings" and then "Avatar" to either choose from the predefined one's we have or to upload your own :)

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 13:07 #13 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Tourerfogey wrote:Has my avatar disappeared? Or didn't I have one? :?:

It may have gone walkabout but there is no way for us to find it as they get labelled with a string of numbers and letters in the files.

Upload a new one or you can choose an MG or Rover one from the gallery.

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 13:07 #14 

geesmith
Looks neat.

(I do miss the lazy button i.e. 'view your posts' but this is due to laziness and not a valid complaint as such)

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 13:14 #15 

takestock
geesmith wrote:Looks neat.

(I do miss the lazy button i.e. 'view your posts' but this is due to laziness and not a valid complaint as such)

not laziness, it's using the system, would be nice to see that back under the search options ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 14:01 #16 

Last edited by takestock on 29 Apr 2011, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

Dallas
Oh! No! whats happened :confused: not sure if I like it, I cant find 'View Unread Topics' or 'View New Topics' (cant find how to view what topics in what order)..... :roll:

Even putting these smilies up is a chore, :-D :) ;) :( :-o :shock: :-? got to keep selecting the 'Smilies' button instead of just clicking a smiley that was normally on the right previously before.

Yes! I must sound lazy, but dont worry! I will get used to it :thumbsup:

I've read up on the changes and have now clicked on 'Mark Forums Read' so I've reset everything and can start from scratch (might make it a bit easier. :panic:

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 15:07 #17 

SpongeBob
You can view your own posts at anytime from within your user profile. Here you will find the same link to view all your posts. Statistically it was the least-used button hence it not getting priority placement in the menu bar.

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 15:12 #18 

Dallas
Thanks Simon, is that the 'Total posts:--- | Search user’s posts' option, because the format seems very not-user-friendly and very long winded to search your own posts.

I always used search own posts if I needed to get back to a certain Thread/Topic as I could not always remember where a certain topic would be on the forum or in what category :rolling: (Using 'View New Posts' and View 'Unread Posts' as well as 'View Own Posts' was so easy).

Now I'm lost! :lol:

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 15:31 #19 

Dallas
Dont worry! I've found these under 'Search'!!!!! :-D
View unanswered posts
View unread posts
View active topics

These functions are very user friendly..... :thumbsup:

I will get used to it I'm sure...... :clap: except the smilies button...... :sleep:

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 15:41 #20