New Look by Dave (Page 2 of 3)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mick
(Site Admin)
As the smilies open in a separate window, once you have used your first of a session you can leave the window open. ;)

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 16:01 #21 

RRobson
has james seen this yet? hes going to go mad when he does :mrgreen:

looks well set out, but as mentioned, its going to take a couple of goes to get used to it :thumbsup:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 16:06 #22 

SpongeBob
Having been in the position to use both this new style and the old side-by-side the difference is quite staggering - its amazing just how clunky the old style felt compared to this one. :) I'm sure you will all get on wonderfully with this style given a few minutes of playing with it :)

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 16:16 #23 

Dallas
Mick wrote:As the smilies open in a separate window, once you have used your first of a session you can leave the window open. ;)

Yes! Thanks Mick, found that one out :-D I can keep it open or minimize it or keep clicking on the Browser Tab everytime I want to use it again.

I think its a case of getting use to the 'New Look' and familiarize ourself s with the functions again, once we do it will be plain sailing and then can take benefit of the new added lay-out. :-D I'm already an hour into the new look and its looking good and getting easier.

Its just 'Change' which some folk don't like, I'm one of them I'm afraid.... :gmc:

Top Marks for all the hard work fellas. :cheers:

-----------------------

P.S Simon! I agree, its getting easier and looking more simplified...... :thumbsup:

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 16:26 #24 

Dave
Not a criticism but just curious as to why user's post counts don't appear under their name in a thread any more....?

EDIT: Also just noticed that there's no location info under user names in threads either...

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 18:23 #25 

Dave
And after this I'll shut up:

How do I get email notification of replies to threads I am subscribed to? Been all through my profile and can't see an option for this

:-)

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 18:40 #26 

Mick
(Site Admin)
All the functions that used to appear below your avatar are now available by clicking on the users avatar.
Bottom left of the lightbox window is a link to view the users complete profile.

Email notifications:- Your settings should look like the attached.
Please check your email address is correct and also make sure these automatically generated email notifications are not being intercepted by a spam filter.

Hope that helps

Screen shot 2011-04-29 at 19.47.11.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 18:53 #27 

Dallas
I have just found that I have been most active in Topic: 'Car T262 JOP'
I got these details,
Most active topic:
Car T262 JOP
(25 Posts / 7.55% of your posts)

Well! she was really a nice example, especially with those beautiful wheels. :thumbsup: (this bloody smilies button).

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 21:10 #28 

DeuxGazoles
I don't like it :( Sorrrrreeeeeeee :gmc:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 21:47 #29 

Dave
Mick wrote:
Screen shot 2011-04-29 at 19.47.11.jpg

Still confused as none of these seem to apply to notifications....

Old phpBB used to have

Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.

:confused:

Posted 29 Apr 2011, 23:13 #30 

Mick
(Site Admin)
If you subscribe to a topic, you will always get a notification if someone posts regardless of whether you have posted or not. Attachment 1 click subscribe topic.
If you have not subscribed to a topic and want to be notified of replies after you have made a post. See attachment 2.

If this still does note compute we'll get Simon to look into it.
I have to say both of these functions work flawlessly for me and also flawlessly for my ordinary test user account.

Screen shot 2011-04-30 at 12.17.34.jpg

Screen shot 2011-04-30 at 12.16.03.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 30 Apr 2011, 11:28 #31 

Dave
Does seem to be working now, but only for this topic!

(btw, can we have a "Reply" button at the top of the page? Pain in the wotsit to have to scroll down to the bottom each time to type a reply.....!)

Posted 30 Apr 2011, 13:49 #32 

Dave
Dave wrote:Not a criticism but just curious as to why user's post counts don't appear under their name in a thread any more....?

EDIT: Also just noticed that there's no location info under user names in threads either...

Oh, and still curious as to this bit?!

Posted 30 Apr 2011, 13:51 #33 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Dave wrote:
(btw, can we have a "Reply" button at the top of the page? Pain in the wotsit to have to scroll down to the bottom each time to type a reply.....!)

No.

Posted 30 Apr 2011, 14:49 #34 

Dave
Mick wrote:
Dave wrote:

No.

That's a bit ambiguous!

Can you be more specific?!

:mrgreen:

Posted 30 Apr 2011, 14:57 #35 

SpongeBob
Dave wrote:
Dave wrote:EDIT: Also just noticed that there's no location info under user names in threads either...

Oh, and still curious as to this bit?!

Clicking on any username anywhere on the board (including posts) gives you a pop-up mini profile including the users location.

Posted 30 Apr 2011, 18:14 #36 

phenonix
jonjon77 wrote:now lve spent a few min getting used to it,l like it.l like the fact l can now have a peak at the first few sentences without having to go into the thread by putting my pointer over the headline.

yes, me too, something i suggested when the site first started, great to see it implemented
thread-title-t349.html#p2590

site is looking really smick now.

Posted 04 May 2011, 09:42 #37 

Mick
(Site Admin)
phenonix wrote:
jonjon77 wrote:now lve spent a few min getting used to it,l like it.l like the fact l can now have a peak at the first few sentences without having to go into the thread by putting my pointer over the headline.

yes, me too, something i suggested when the site first started, great to see it implemented
thread-title-t349.html#p2590

site is looking really smick now.

Cheers Joe.
Thank Simon for the quality work carried out to produce this new iteration of the forum front end. It's all down to him.

The previous iteration would not support thread previews, along with several other enhancements which have now been implemented.

Glad to see most people like the new look, it is so much more user friendly

Posted 04 May 2011, 11:25 #38 

raistlin
Mick,

Somewhat resurrecting this. It seems to me as though i get e-mail notification of a thread I've posted in but NOT one that I started. Is this possible? Any solution please?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Aug 2012, 13:36 #39 

Mick
(Site Admin)
You will only get email notification if you have subscribed to a topic. If you start a topic then subscribe to it you will get notified of any updates else not.

Screen Shot 2012-08-12 at 16.00.19.jpg

Or at the foot of any topic page.

Screen Shot 2012-08-12 at 16.03.34.jpg

Posted 12 Aug 2012, 15:01 #40