Midlands Nano Meet Sat 17 & Sun 18 June 2017 by Trebor

Trebor

The next Midlands Nano Meet is approaching fast on the weekend of Sat 17 & Sun 18 June 2017, if you intend coming please log onto our dedicated website ( free to register ) via the link below and record your names.

All are welcome and there is plenty of help and advice on offer from the Nano crew
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 02 Jun 2017, 08:05 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
I will be attending with the usual items in hand or bags /boxes also T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) should be on hand via Stef if we have use of a generator, see you in 12 days time
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 04 Jun 2017, 22:29 #2 

cjdixon93
I carnt see any link regarding meet ?

May be because im on phone... see screenshot below

New to forum so is it a small meet or quite abit going on and where is it?Image

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Posted 13 Jun 2017, 12:42 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI Connor
Click the link below also click Trebors nano flag
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/forum/
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 13 Jun 2017, 18:05 #4 

cjdixon93
Hi all....

Will be there Sunday morning between 9.30 - 10am

I have a number of spare parts that were taken from a running CDTI Rover 75 that was hit up the rear.... please see image for items

I will bring them with me if anyone is interested in buying them.... just make a sensible offer to help fund upkeep of my ZT

Alternator
Driveshafts
Springs
Inlet etc

Please see picture Image

Posted 17 Jun 2017, 13:10 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Connor.
Sorry to inform you that items are not allowed to be bought to the meet for sale, and laid out in the open, you are more than willing to bring item that you may have organised with other owner or members previously either through the sales thread on here or any other forum we at the nano list our meet.

This is not solely aimed at you it is just part of the rules of the nano, therefore you would be lugging the parts around with you for nothing i am afraid cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 17 Jun 2017, 20:16 #6 

cjdixon93
Arctic wrote:Hi Connor.
Sorry to inform you that items are not allowed to be bought to the meet for sale, and laid out in the open, you are more than willing to bring item that you may have organised with other owner or members previously either through the sales thread on here or any other forum we at the nano list our meet.

This is not solely aimed at you it is just part of the rules of the nano, therefore you would be lugging the parts around with you for nothing i am afraid cheers Arctic

Thats no worries

Hadnt read the rules throughly enough so apoligise

Regards Connor

Posted 17 Jun 2017, 20:56 #7 

Arctic
(Trader)
Well after a list of only 12 for breakfast on the attendance thread the day turned out to be quite a good one, I counted 27 cars before breakfast and a few more arrived after dinner and late afternoon below are the photo's I took before I went into the battle field :lol: cheers to all that attended old and new.

Image1

Image2

Image3

Image4

Image5

Image6

Image7
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Jun 2017, 07:28 #8 

cjdixon93
Hi all,

Had to leave today around 1pm being its fathers day and i hadnt been to see my dad!!

Many thanks to Steve (Arctic) for the Modified Handbrake Compensator and detailed tutorial how to fit.... also thankyou for giving car once over i learnt alot

I can highly recommemd Arctic's compensators my handbrake is brilliant now !!

Also thankyou to Duncan i believe?? (Correct me if im wrong) for the T4 Diagnostic health check

Again learnt alot, had some nifty features programmed into car and came away with some faults to look into so thanks again

Last thanks but unfortuantly i carmt remember the name i apoligise.... lad with Diesel Automatic 75 Estate, gave me a spare indicator stalk to look into repairing mine..... thankyou !!! Apoliges i am terrible for remembering names

Had a great day out and got a couple pictures before i leftImageImageImageImage

Posted 18 Jun 2017, 17:05 #9 

Duncan
cjdixon93 wrote:

Also thankyou to Duncan i believe?? (Correct me if im wrong) for the T4 Diagnostic health check

Again learnt alot, had some nifty features programmed into car and came away with some faults to look into so thanks again

Yes, it was me. You are most welcome.

Posted 18 Jun 2017, 17:22 #10 

goodlittlewifey
brill day out , was lovely to catch up with Dave and Mick,thanks to Duncan for the t4 and sorting out the airbag light, cant believe the cheeky previous owner had covered the light with black tape naughty person, grr, if wed had an accident we would of had no airbags !!!!!!!!Duncan sorted it really quickly, thanks, hopefully we,ll catch up with you all at another meet again soon,

Posted 18 Jun 2017, 22:59 #11 

Arctic
(Trader)
Another great nano meet moved into the history books, we had the fantastic pleasure and return of a crew member Mr Vis himself Dave (Stocktake ) big thanks, Sunday was a good turn out too even though it was fathers day 20 plus cars.

Great news to hear Chriski got his clutch sorted out, which need topping up as is seems to have lost fluid over a period of time, Mark saved the day and got ti topped up for him :thumb:

Once again quite a lot of jobs got done by various members/owners the Vt4 that was kindly borrowed to Stefan by (Jamie) so a few cars could be looked into on the Saturday, Duncan for bring and working his T4 on the Sunday.

Quite a few new owners and members attending who insured me that they we be attending again the next meet being July 22nd & 23rd if you have never been to one of our nano meets please do try to come I am sure you will enjoy a good day or weekend if you decide to camp all the best Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 19 Jun 2017, 00:15 #12 

cjdixon93
Duncan wrote:
cjdixon93 wrote:

Yes, it was me. You are most welcome.

Duncan...

Dont suppose you remember or have a record of what the MASS Airflow Sensor fugures were on my car?

Also what should be expected?

Currently weighing up wether to get replacement bosch sensor or invest in a Ronbox

Thanks again

Connor

Posted 19 Jun 2017, 08:03 #13 

Arctic
(Trader)
Currently weighing up wether to get replacement bosch sensor or invest in a Ronbox

Thanks again

Connor

Hi Connor.
Steer clear of the Ronbox it only fools the ECU (Engine Control Unit) into asking for more fuel, also it can damage the HPFP in the long run if you want more torque and power and better MPG go for the 160 upgrade, drop me a PM and I will give you the details of the best person to get in touch with Arctic.

PS I forgot to change your intercooler O-rings we can talk about that at the same time
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 19 Jun 2017, 08:16 #14 

Bermudan 75
Steve, re the Ron box does it damage the HPFP at certain setting? My Ron box is set at the mid point.

Can you supply details of how to get the 160 upgrade?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 19 Jun 2017, 13:26 #15 

Duncan
Connor was only looking at the ronbox to compensate for a slightly low MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) reading. I seem to remember it was around 460 at idle when I normally see around 500. I think he said he had a remap anyway. There's another check that might be worth doing. Unplug the MAF and se if your dead spot as you pull away is improved. If so then your MAF is out enough to be causing issues. Personally I would (and did) go for a replacement MAF.

Posted 19 Jun 2017, 14:56 #16 

cjdixon93
Arctic wrote:

Hi Connor.
Steer clear of the Ronbox it only fools the ECU into asking for more fuel, also it can damage the HPFP in the long run if you want more torque and power and better MPG go for the 160 upgrade, drop me a PM and I will give you the details of the best person to get in touch with Arctic.

PS I forgot to change your intercooler O-rings we can talk about that at the same time

Whats the 160 upgrade?

Also i forgot about o-rings.... maybe next nano meet ?

Regards Connor

Posted 22 Jun 2017, 19:38 #17 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI Connor.
Yes I/we will fit the O-rings next nano in July 22nd & 23rd not to far away only 28 days, the 160 upgrade is a program that was written by a couple of the T4 guys if you need any more info drop me a PM cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 22 Jun 2017, 19:45 #18 

cjdixon93
Arctic wrote:HI Connor.
Yes I/we will fit the O-rings next nano in July 22nd & 23rd not to far away only 28 days, the 160 upgrade is a program that was written by a couple of the T4 guys if you need any more info drop me a PM cheers Arctic

Ok will drop you a PM

Regards Connor

Posted 22 Jun 2017, 19:46 #19