Midlands Nano-Meet 19 June 2022 by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
It will be great to be attending the Nano-Meet tomorrow, anyone else going?

Posted 18 Jun 2022, 17:38 #1 

dattrike
Yup, see you there Mike

Posted 18 Jun 2022, 18:32 #2 

Trebor
Sorry you never made it Mike, but we had a good turn out of approx 25 cars and it was great to meet up again with regular nano meeters and welcome a few new ones, so thanks to all for coming and particularly anyone who travelled any distance given the extortionate cost of fuel at around £9 a gallon currently, yes £2 a litre is £9 a gallon ( 4.5 litres to the gallon)

Steve (Arctic) was in demand as usual and worked tirelessly for most of the day so a big thanks to him and anyone else who was hands on to help other owners as most of us just used the time to catch up and have a chat about our cars given that there were not too many owners wanting jobs done on this occasion

We will hopefully have a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) back at future meets, and will let you all know if and when that is the case.

We had £65 donated into the Nano meet funds so thanks to all those who contributed, viewtopic.php?f=128&t=398&p=9242#p9242

I do hope to have some good news soon about a possible new meet venue not far from the Four Ashes so watch this space for future announcements

I cannot make the next meet on 26th June so hope others may take a few pictures and post on the pictures thread.

My pictures from the June 19th meet at Teddybears plus a short drone video ( link below)

If you wonder why there are 3 pictures of one of Jamie's BMW Alpina wheels , look closely and you will notice that there is no tyre valve where you would expect to see it !

https://youtu.be/8-ZM1cbJ_OE

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 20 Jun 2022, 16:54 #3 

Bermudan 75
A good turn out Rob. I did travel down but could not remember my way to the venue.....

The sat nav app on my phone would not work and despite trying six shops/garages I could not find any A-Z maps for sale.

Even Google Maps would not work.

Gave up and went home. I will obtain a paper map for next week.

Posted 20 Jun 2022, 17:35 #4 

Trebor
Map reading I remember that Mike , a dying skill methinks
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 20 Jun 2022, 22:52 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Trebor wrote:Map reading I remember that Mike , a dying skill methinks

If Mike had made it to FA one of us could of meet him there, or directed him by phone, or maybe he could have followed your drone :lol: :lol:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 20 Jun 2022, 23:52 #6 

Trebor
Yes Steve and I came in that way as I met Richard and he followed me to Teddybears, and my drone is good but not up to military standards !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 21 Jun 2022, 10:50 #7 

Jürgen
Trebor wrote:my drone is good but not up to military standards !

Looks like a project has emerged for the next Nano ... :mrgreen:

Posted 21 Jun 2022, 14:42 #8