Midlands Nano Meet Sat 11 & Sun 12 May by Trebor (Page 5 of 6)

Mick
(Site Admin)
Groan, yawn................... Should be there about 13.00 sees yah all later.

Posted 11 May 2013, 08:27 #81 

Yam
Great meeting up again all.......hope you have a good night and better weather 2moro.
Thanks to Duncan (with Rob assisting) for the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) and pin-pointing my pesky ABS (Antilock Braking System) issue.

Regards Yam.

Posted 11 May 2013, 22:17 #82 

carlpenn
Hope you Guys have had fun this evening and you didn't suffer the Hailstorm we had earlier this evening here in Sunny Bilston :p

Will see you all again tomorrow (Well Today now :p) and Tina is planning an appearance too!!!

I totally suck with remembering names, but it was a pleasure to meet the Chaps with the Celestial Blue Saloon and the (Irish Plated?) Wedgey Blue saloon, People I haven't met before. Was also nice to chat with Woolleysox (Sorry if I bored you lol) and seeing Dave(?) Dattrike again, along with Trebor who I spoke to today for the first time (lol), Dave Stocktake, David Monk (There is an awful lot of Daves here !!)Lyndon and of course Steve Arctic (With Gail and Bruno :D)

Jürgen, Hope you are there tomorrow as I didn't get chance to say hello and may I say how brave you was with teh Hood down on the TF !! lol
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 11 May 2013, 23:03 #83 

ceedy
Just got home ... after a jolly good time ... Had to disappear to get grandson back to get some kip after last nights late BBQ, as hes got his SATS at school this week ..

Sorry didn't manage to say bye to all as lots of peeps were up to their necks in dismantling cars .. luckily mine only needed Monks MAGIC on my rogue Key..( many thanks David).

Even the rain didn't really dampen the spirits, although a bit more Sun would have been nice..

Definitely will do another meet..

Got a local meet much nearer home, @ Weymouth next weekend!!

Nice to have put some faces to the Forums names ..

See you again soon I hope

Chris..

Am I the first one home !! :-D

PS ..And many thanks.. To Trebor for the organisation :hail: ( and the grub ;) )
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 12 May 2013, 15:09 #84 

Last edited by ceedy on 12 May 2013, 16:20, edited 2 times in total.

Roverite
Today (Sunday), was my first Nano meet and despite the rain, I had a thoroughly satisfying day. I didn't need any work done, but fellow members were hard at it, doing jobs for other members who didn't have the necessary skills. If you haven't been to a Midlands Nano meet, especially if you need some help, give it a try; you could save yourself £s.

Many thanks to Trebor and the others for providing such a good self-help group.

Roverite.

Posted 12 May 2013, 15:18 #85 

raistlin
Maybe I'll get to the next one :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 May 2013, 15:19 #86 

Duncan
raistlin wrote:Maybe I'll get to the next one :(

I hope so Paul. Many people asked after you!

The rain did dampen the weekend a little, but plenty of T4s done, and a few fans and VISs done by Arctic and Takestock plus others. I'm sure photos will be along soon.

Posted 12 May 2013, 17:07 #87 

takestock
The nanos have returned a little to the original now which is good, plenty of people asking how can they do this, how can they do that, and then getting stuck in. Great feeling to share the info and then over hear people passing the info on to the next person. :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 12 May 2013, 17:39 #88 

Trebor
RIght, not sure where to start but I will take the weather, forecasts wrong again and Saturdays showers were something much worse as plenty of water and bluster resulting in us getting wet and at one point all taking a leg of the joined up gazebos to stop them taking off ! Sunday was supposed to be dry with rain later but again more rain than expected came down so we actually finished much earlier than we normally do.

Given the conditions I think we did well to get the jobs done over the 2 days with plenty of T4 sessions, fan changes and repairs, on the spot VIS (Variable Intake System) motor repairs, airbag light faults fixed, handbrake compensators fitted, and lots of advice for members to take away with them for jobs not done at this meet. I am sorry we didnt get around too any powerfold mirrors installations but given that we do it by taking the doors off it wasnt sensible to start given the rain as the car interiors would have been at risk, so they will have to be done at the next Nano meet if they are not done before.

The food at the pub on Saturday evening is unfortunately getting worse, so we need to address that for the next meet, not sure what that will mean yet but it will be discussed with the Nano elders and we will come up with a solution between us all, we did try a late evening BBQ for the first time at this meet and it seemed to go down well so that could be a possibility.

We had a few members attending their first meet and it was nice to meet you all and I hope you return when we have better weather. Also good to meet up with familiar faces and a special mention for Jürgen who had come over from Germany to attend in his TF, and who managed to get the roof down for all of 30 minutes.

Thanks to everyone at the meet who chipped into to help with any of the jobs done, and a special thanks to crew members Duncan, Dave (Takestock ) Steve ( Arctic ) who all worked tirelessly to help members and send them away happy, and I cant forget Marina for supplying us with hot drinks and cooking breakfast for those of us in tent village on sunday morning, and David ( Dattrike ) for bringing a lovely MG Rover chocolate cake made by his daughter, and not forgetting Robert ( Raustin on club forum ) for sending those lovely cakes

Pictures will also be on the Nano website in due course.

All in all another enjoyable meet despite the weather so here's to the next one
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 May 2013, 17:46 #89 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Great weekend despite the rain and cold. Always a pleasure to see familiar faces and a meet a few new ones.
Big vote of thanks to Steve AKA Arctic for doing the handbrake mod on my car. On 3 clicks I can't get the car to move under acceleration either forward or back, definitely fixed. :)
Cake, doughnuts, BBQ, Teas and Coffees, thank you everybody. :)

Posted 12 May 2013, 22:29 #90 

dattrike
Some pictures from the Nano:
There's even some sunshine in some of them!!
http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/dattr ... may%202013

Posted 13 May 2013, 06:32 #91 

Duncan
A really great meet again, and fantastic to see the old and new faces. Shame we didn't get more done because of the weather, but maybe the July one will be better?

Sorry I cleared off so quickly. I wasn't feeling too clever and put it down to a bit of a late night, even though it wasn't really that late.

Felt really done in when I got home, and not very good this morning. Really cold too even though the house was warm, which again I thought was just down to standing around in the wind too long. Thought the aches were down to standing around too.

The odd thing is, my other half now seems to have caught the symptoms, without the late night and standing in a field. Perhaps there's something going round?

Posted 13 May 2013, 20:07 #92 

Jürgen
Duncan wrote:A really great meet again, and fantastic to see the old and new faces.

Well said, I second that. It has been fun, despite a bit of occasionally rain.
And thanks for the late night BBQ and donuts.
See you at the next one ... :)

I hope you'll be well again soon Duncan.

Posted 13 May 2013, 20:35 #93 

Trebor
pictures now on the nano site( thanks Lyndon ) and others will be added when I get the chance
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 13 May 2013, 21:20 #94 

ceedy
The old saying " Out of the mouths of babes"..... :lol:

As we got out of the ZT for the late night BBQ, My lil grandson quips ... it looks like a scene from a US tv movie ?..

what ???...

He says .. looks like a crowd of Hobo's gather round a burning oil drum :-o :lol: :lol: :em: :stirer:

Even Jürgen cracked a smile at it !! ..

that's gonna upset a few movies/Tv series for me now ;) ... every time I see that scene ... I 'll be thinking " A bunch of Rover owners " :clap: ..

:gmc:

Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 13 May 2013, 22:15 #95 

goodlittlewifey
perhaps the Spread Eagle up the road in Gailey would allow us to camp on the big play area at the back,plus its got a decent menu, and looks like a huge car park,they might let us use part of the car park, and camp if we,re going to eat in the restaurant, they have 6 veg starters and 6 veg main course dishes,as well as normal menu,and gluten free choices, this pub is only about 2 miles from the Four Ashes pub, they also do breakfasts from 9-11 am,
or maybe we can still camp at Four Ashes ,but eat at Spread Eagle ??

Posted 14 May 2013, 00:35 #96 

raistlin
Hmm... I was banned from there in 1975. I wonder if it is still in force :lol:
Paul

Posted 14 May 2013, 05:47 #97 

Yam
dattrike wrote:Some pictures from the Nano:
There's even some sunshine in some of them!!
http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/dattr ... may%202013

Great pics.

Posted 14 May 2013, 21:37 #98 

takestock
raistlin wrote:Hmm... I was banned from there in 1975. I wonder if it is still in force :lol:

Ah, you have history of this type of offence then :gmc:

Oh by the way, I was so busy at the Nano, I have no idea who I met and who i didn't :shrug: so If I said hello to you, great, if i didn't sorry :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 15 May 2013, 07:39 #99 

raistlin
takestock wrote:Ah, you have history of this type of offence then :gmc:

I did back then :( Spreadeagle, The Junction, Dog and Duck, Crossed Guns, Shrewsbury Arms, I could go on... but you get the idea.
Paul

Posted 15 May 2013, 08:02 #100