low power and trouble starting when driving for an hour by old 75 owner

old 75 owner
Took the 75 for a high speed trip from London to West Wales, and it was fine for the fist half an hour, but when I stopped for Petrol after the Severn Bridge, it cranked over for a good few seconds before starting. Battery is new, so no problem with cranking speed. Could it be the fuel filter? no codes apart from the usual under seat front airbag sensors. It has been a few years since I did a long journey in it, does the fuel pump degrade over time?

Posted 19 Apr 2023, 07:18 #1 

Trebor
If your car is late 2001 or newer the fuel filter on a V6 tends to separate after time and can cause starting issues hot or cold but may be worth checking and eliminating, a clip is sold to hold it together which used to be called the orange clip but I believe it might now be white but if you search on e bay you will find them , another cause of warm starting issues is often the cam sensor

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134459615369 ... R8C7jLfzYQ
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 19 Apr 2023, 21:32 #2