Joined up thinking by raistlin

raistlin
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/11047127/EU-rules-against-powerful-vacuum-cleaners-ban-best-models-Which-warns.html

So, you vacuum the floor with a low power vacuum... then have to do it again because it isn't right. Ten minutes at 2KW or twenty minutes at 1.6KW Yes, I can see how that would be more eco friendly. Where do they get these people from?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 Aug 2014, 17:30 #1 

Bernard
It's yet another example of legislation being made by people who don't know, and despise those who do know, about anything practical.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 21 Aug 2014, 18:07 #2 

Duncan
Thing is, if there were an incentive, you could make decent vacuum cleaners without the high power. We used ours turned down from max, because they are just too much on 2kw. Incidentally its a similar model to the one mentioned in the article. Yes its really good, but would still be great at 1600W. I can say this with confidence!

I agree, though, much legislation is made by people with no idea. It's trendy to blame Europe, but in fact we have a track record of it ourselves. Anyone remember dim dip?

Posted 21 Aug 2014, 19:51 #3 

Bernard
We had a Dyson until recently but our cleaner had been moaning about it for a long time as she preferred the cylinder type of vacuum. So I have bought a Bosch, not only to stop the grumbling but for the very reason that it has a 2.2 KW motor and this enables it to be used all round the house very quickly indeed. I have tried turning it down but it is so much slower on our very thick pile carpets. The cleaner also turns it up when she uses it and she has no scientific mind as such, she just knows that it's quicker.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 22 Aug 2014, 08:47 #4 

PaulT
I note that Dyson are complaining about the rating system because it is based on an empty cleaner and also the environmental impact of disposing of bags is not taken in to account.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 22 Aug 2014, 09:19 #5