Introducing new features by SpongeBob (Page 2 of 3)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mick
(Site Admin)
Sure. Start a new thread in the website feedback forum and set up a poll. Won't make any difference but you're welcome. :lol:

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 17:08 #21 

Samarkand
Nice new design. I sorted the characters size by using the zoom feature of my browser (Firefox), meaning pressing "Ctrl" and the mouse roller for larger or smaller characters. Firefox 12 keeps the Zoom setting for this site in memory without changing the zoom levels of other sites (each site zoom level can be set separately)
Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 20:03 #22 

Trebor
personally i like the new design its more appealing on the eye in my opinion
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 02:21 #23 

MrDoodles
Must have a look when I next log on at the PC!

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 06:53 #24 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I've picked a random post and done a comparison screenshot. 2011 left, new version right.

Screen Shot 2012-06-13 at 11.51.35.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 10:47 #25 

zojosc
The problem I see with the new larger format as above is that we would not know if the Mid Lancs Meet was in January, June or July? :-D
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 11:07 #26 

Mick
(Site Admin)
zojosc wrote:The problem I see with the new larger format as above is that we would not know if the Mid Lancs Meet was in January, June or July? :-D

And there was me opening a poll at your request.

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 11:11 #27 

Jürgen
SpongeBob wrote:I chose the larger sizes of text (only generally a small percent larger) to make it easier to read larger portions of text. On average, I don't think the text being used in the new design is any larger than that of any other respectable website.

I like it that way. I used to increase the size of the text with Safari, just one step. Now it's convenient at default. :thumbsup:

BTW, good work, Simon. :)

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 13:52 #28 

Jürgen
Found a typo. :panic:

Untitled.png

;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 14:20 #29 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Trust you. :lol:

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 14:50 #30 

Jürgen
Mick wrote:Trust you. :lol:

Me? Never! :lol:

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 14:58 #31 

persuer
The only thing I did like on the old format is that I could see what were the latest posts in all the forums.

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 17:54 #32 

Mick
(Site Admin)
persuer wrote:The only thing I did like on the old format is that I could see what were the latest posts in all the forums.

Little green star top right of the icon. ;) Usually the first ones after the stickies.

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 18:27 #33 

Jürgen
I need to express some serious criticism here.
It has to be said, as it's quite important.
So let get me started ...
Well, one more thing, it's about positive criticism. Therefore, joking apart.

Simon, you did (and you are still doing it) a terrific job behind the scenes. I know what can be involved in such projects, as I'm working in the IT business myself.

Just one final word: Image

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 19:16 #34 

Jürgen
Is the difference intentional? ;)

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 20:53 #35 

SpongeBob
If you mean the newly styled hover-over tips then yes :) Something a bit nicer than your average yellow tooltip ;)

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 21:28 #36 

Mick
(Site Admin)
He means new messages hover-over is in the old yellow style.

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 21:58 #37 

SpongeBob
Mick wrote:He means new messages hover-over is in the old yellow style.

In that case, no. They should appear all the same. One to add to the bugs list :)

Posted 16 Jun 2012, 06:45 #38 

Jürgen
SpongeBob wrote:
Mick wrote:He means new messages hover-over is in the old yellow style.

In that case, no. They should appear all the same. One to add to the bugs list :)

Yep, both screen shots were related to the new style.

Posted 16 Jun 2012, 12:18 #39 

Mick
(Site Admin)
And have been fixed. :D

Posted 16 Jun 2012, 12:19 #40