Introducing new features by SpongeBob (Page 1 of 3)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

SpongeBob
Over the last couple of weeks we have started integrating a few extra tricks, treats and features to the forums. For example, we've recently added a brand new way of accessing the PDF How-To Guides which means they are more searchable from the forums and fixes past issues with the search function.

Some of the coolest stuff though is hidden away in a brand new design waiting to be discovered. We would like to introduce you to this new design and help us iron out any wrinkles in it before we make it the new default design available to anyone visiting the website.

fontpage.png

Available now as an opt-in theme from your user control panel (see below) we have added the following features to the forums.

You can now search within the image gallery! The feature is integrated within the main search option at the header of all pages.

Improved social sharing tools to bookmark or subscribe to topics and to share them on popular social networking sites.

Talking of social network sites - we've now added LinkedIn to the list of places you can share topics and information to.

Quick-access links such as email, PM, image gallery and more from underneath users names when viewing topics.

Redesigned home page featuring a much easier-to-view list of available forums.

Improved design for private messaging mailboxes and viewing messages.

Lots of other little fixes, tweaks and changes all aimed at improving the way things work (and look!).

Remember though - these features are only available from within the new design so start using it today to take full advantage!

We hope you will join us in using this theme as it's rolled out over the next few weeks. We're starting off today by offering it on an opt-in basis until we are happy it's all working as it should after which we will start switching users over to it as their default theme.

*How to access and change your theme
To change the theme you are using on the board follow these simple steps
  1. Log-in ;)
  2. Click on your username which towards the top-left of any page on the website.
  3. Next find "Board Preferences" link and click on that.
  4. Within the resulting options page you should see a line that reads "My board style". Using the drop-down box next to this, select "New Version" and then hit "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
  5. Once a confirmation message appears telling you that your preferences have been saved you will be redirected back to the Board Preferences pane, this time using the new board style.
  6. The method to change back (should you wish) is exactly the same :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 12:41 #1 

zojosc
I managed to change over to the new style for a look. I find the layout fine but the print rather large and over powering, is there a way to reduce it? On trying to revert to old style I cannot find a "my board style" line?
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 13:38 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Follow the same instructions and choose 2011 from the drop down menu next to "My Board Style"

Screen Shot 2012-06-12 at 14.40.28.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 13:45 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The font used in the new version is Optima Regular at 16 point.
The font used in the current/old version 2011 is TrbuchetMS at 15 point.

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 13:55 #4 

zojosc
Sorry Mick but below MY LANGUAGE I get
MY TIMEZONE
SUMMER TIME/DST
MY DATE FORMAT

No mention of "My board style"?
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 13:57 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Give me a couple of mins I'll take over your account and see what's what. You won't notice me there. :)

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 14:01 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Very odd, I see what is shown in the pic above. I'll try logging in as a test user and try again.

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 14:06 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Yep I agree with you now. I'll have a butchers at registered user permissions and get it sorted.

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 14:12 #8 

zojosc
Mick wrote:Give me a couple of mins I'll take over your account and see what's what. You won't notice me there. :)

Where's my money gone? :shock: ;)
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 14:16 #9 

SpongeBob
Problem now resolved. :)

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 14:19 #10 

end337
zojosc wrote:
Mick wrote:Give me a couple of mins I'll take over your account and see what's what. You won't notice me there. :)

Where's my money gone? :shock: ;)

Sorry mate we pissed that up the wall ages ago. :)

All sorted.

This was from my test user account. Confused? You will be. :) Mick

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 14:25 #11 

pob06
Oooh shiny and new :-)
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 15:12 #12 

SpongeBob
Yup - we like shiny and new :)

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 15:20 #13 

takestock
I can read it from the back of the room :D :D :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 15:29 #14 

zojosc
takestock wrote:I can read it from the back of the room :D :D :D

It's designed for Site Admins that live in 50' living rooms!
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 15:33 #15 

Mick
(Site Admin)

Is that a good or a bad thing? We need to know.

Feedback is required or Simon won't know what changes to implement. I hear he is susceptible to the odd bribe here and there. ;)

Can you tell me what screen res you're using so I can view it same as you.

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 15:35 #16 

SpongeBob
I chose the larger sizes of text (only generally a small percent larger) to make it easier to read larger portions of text. On average, I don't think the text being used in the new design is any larger than that of any other respectable website.

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 15:42 #17 

kandyman
zojosc wrote:Where's my money gone? :shock: ;)

You must be confusing us with someone else we don't take any money ;)

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 16:39 #18 

kandyman

Where you belong and who said you could take the hat off ;)

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 16:41 #19 

zojosc
Will we be having a poll about the new style?
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 17:06 #20