Intravee Install Problem by Ragman

Ragman
Any intravee experts out there??

Fitted it this morning and whilst I have radio, ipod output etc the display on my head unit does not show anything, it's just a black screen

Worked fine before so must be something to do with the install but for the life of me don't know what!

Help!!

Posted 18 Feb 2012, 13:09 #1 

Duncan
Do you have a white bar at the bottom of the black screen, or is it completely dark?

It might also help to know where you connected things / what was disturbed. I would suggest if you can switch between radio and ipod etc, either the plug for the screen part of the display at the front is not in, or something is wrong witn the wiring at the video module TV tuner) on the left of the boot.

Posted 18 Feb 2012, 18:44 #2 

Ragman
Got the screen back now, though have now lost ipod sound, going to Stoneleigh tomorrow where greater minds than mine have offered to take a look

I'll add your ideas to my list of things to check

Posted 18 Feb 2012, 21:05 #3 

Duncan
Well if the screen is back now, one of those may be intermittent or not plugged in fully.

Ipod sound might be as simple as the 10 way in the bottom of the radio in the boot. That or the audio plug on the intravee box itself (the one that's not the three pin).

Apart from screwy menus I have since updating to the latest firmware it's been one of my less troublesome upgrades. I have bluetooth integrated phone half working but need to wire it in properly now, and am playing to see if I can get the aux in working to add a DAB tuner.

Posted 18 Feb 2012, 21:11 #4 

Ragman
I wish I had the ability, I'm not a bad spanner monkey but unless it's plug and play then this electrickery stuff is beyond me

I want to do the BMW Bluetooth mod at some stage but need to fit all the boxes of bits I've already accumulated

Thanks again for the suggestions

Posted 18 Feb 2012, 21:23 #5 

Ragman
Right - first off I am an idiot

Reason I had a black screen was sat nav drive was out, took a while for the system to reset to the blue screen

One of the guys configured my Intravee at Stoneleigh, although the Intravee is designed to autodetect the kit it connects to, it does not always work!!

Lots of useful extras in the new firmware from intravee, even tells me what RPM the engine's running at - just in case the rev counter is not working!!

Posted 20 Feb 2012, 21:43 #6 

Duncan
Glad its working. I need to set the right UI for my Intravee as with my Mk3 Rover satnav and BM, it's jumping all over the place for a good fifteen seconds after selecting ipod.

The good news is I've managed to add aux in by using a full BM54 as opposed to the BM54 back. That will be used for DAB radio which I've become addicted to.

Posted 20 Feb 2012, 22:08 #7 

Ragman
If you're of v6 of the firmware you can only select the UI via the serial port, the 'old method' where you can select it via the head unit no longer works

Posted 20 Feb 2012, 22:13 #8 

ksilver
Ragman wrote:
Reason I had a black screen was sat nav drive was out, took a while for the system to reset to the blue screen

What do you mean "sat nav drive was out"?

I have the same problem - black screen when the Intravee is fitted- but have got sound through from the ipod. My Sat Nav doesn't work (no red light on the drive and nothing showing on the screen, but haven't had the car long and don't suppose I'll use the nav, so haven't investigated what's wrong).

Any suggestions on how to get the screen working it does work when the Intravee is disconnected?

Posted 02 Dec 2012, 16:08 #9