Interesting take on bombing missions by Trebor

Trebor
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 27 Nov 2015, 17:08 #1 

Borg Warner
I think the decision to allow air strikes in Syria is more to do with showing solidarity than actually achieving anything tactical. Beside 21st century military does not do well against, what is to all intents and purposes, little more than a medieaval army. Recent history shows us that.

Not going to end well whatever the decision.

Like the report on the F35 though, pricey helmet I must say.....

Gary M.

Posted 27 Nov 2015, 20:15 #2 

Last edited by Borg Warner on 28 Nov 2015, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.

PaulT
You now know why the Vulcan is going to be kept capable of flying.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 27 Nov 2015, 21:35 #3 

Dave Goody
I don't think you can compare mass bombing raids on cities using a "We are over the city now, open bomb doors" to the surgical [normally] strikes using guided weapons and smart bombs to destroy a particular target. I would feel safer during the blitz under a German bomber attack than driving a pick up across the desert and hearing the engine of an American or British jet above me.

Posted 29 Nov 2015, 12:11 #4 

Borg Warner
What was the saying?

When the Germans bombed the British ducked.

When the British bombed the Germans ducked.

When the Americans bombed everyone ducked.

Gary M.

Posted 29 Nov 2015, 15:49 #5 

PaulT
Hijacking a little but, when I started work there was this old chap (must have been as old as I am now :) ) who told me that the closest he came to being killed in WWII was when a troopship that he was on just off of the Egyptian cost was attacked.......by the USAF.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 29 Nov 2015, 16:14 #6