Would have been interesting by raistlin

raistlin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25950761

Some of you will be aware of my overall view of the CPS as an entity so perhaps unsurprising that I should find this story backs up my jaundiced view ;)

Would have been an interesting case to hear though :) There are lots of people in Wolverhampton who do just this and whilst there have never, as far as I'm aware, been any prosecutions in the local area, the obscure Act under which the prosecution was to have been pursued, seems to be open to interpretation and would therefore have provided the start of case law.

I note with relish though, that whilst enabling some serious violent criminals to get away with offences owing to their incompetence, in this case, the CPS, abetted by the Police, chose to continue with the case without canvassing the opinion of the injured party in an unusually fine, if mis-directed, display of enthusiasm ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 29 Jan 2014, 17:38 #1 

PaulT
How about magistrates (red rag moment)

Two company directors dumped 11500 bales of rotting waste on Goole Dock. Environment Agency had a hell of a job with the pair, giving advice that was not listened to - company went in to liquidation. Businesses suffered due to smell, flies and view. One received a six month jail term, suspended for 18 months, and ordered to carry out 180 hours of unpaid work, the other was handed 18 weeks in prison, suspended for 18 months, and told to do 140 hours of unpaid work.

Two motorists caught travelling at 144mph very close to one another and a danger to themselves and others not jailed.

I know that it is difficult without hearing the evidence but the above does seem very lenient.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 29 Jan 2014, 18:25 #2 

raistlin
PaulT wrote:I know that it is difficult without hearing the evidence

'nuff said :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 29 Jan 2014, 19:54 #3