If they built cars on Mars . . . by Tourerfogey

Tourerfogey
. . . they'd probably look like this:

More here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/21/barr ... oncept-ca/

Posted 09 Apr 2012, 21:26 #1 

PaulT
Quite something. Do like concept cars. The designers go wild, the concept then gets modified to suit the target audience and costs and hey, you have a trabant.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 10 Apr 2012, 06:18 #2 

geesmith
...but without the paint or tyres due to climatic conditions.

They can't even spell Janet!

Look at the union meeting at the back of the car discussing how they will push it off the stand whilst avoiding back injury.

Posted 10 Apr 2012, 23:37 #3 

carlpenn
is it my Eyes or does the 1st Picture look like the car was photoshopped in? I mean, the White line underneath has no shadow, you cannot see the nearside wheel, There is clear light reflection on the Offside Windscreen, yet the Nside is shadowed, but then the offside floor is shadowed, giving the impression that the light is shining from the Nside.

Or maybe I have been watching too many Conspiracy Documentaries :p
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 13 Apr 2012, 23:39 #4 

Tourerfogey
carlpenn wrote:is it my Eyes or does the 1st Picture look like the car was photoshopped in? I mean, the White line underneath has no shadow, you cannot see the nearside wheel, There is clear light reflection on the Offside Windscreen, yet the Nside is shadowed, but then the offside floor is shadowed, giving the impression that the light is shining from the Nside.

The car does indeed seem to 'stand out' from the rest of the picture - but perhaps all things from Mars appear that way . . . ;)

Posted 14 Apr 2012, 12:18 #5 

PaulT
carlpenn wrote:is it my Eyes or does the 1st Picture look like the car was photoshopped in? I mean, the White line underneath has no shadow, you cannot see the nearside wheel, There is clear light reflection on the Offside Windscreen, yet the Nside is shadowed, but then the offside floor is shadowed, giving the impression that the light is shining from the Nside.

Isn't the 'white line' underneath in fact covers over lighting units so that people can see the underside of the cars?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 14 Apr 2012, 16:24 #6 

carlpenn
PaulT wrote:

Isn't the 'white line' underneath in fact covers over lighting units so that people can see the underside of the cars?

Yes, I can now see that there are small lines across which would probably be the edges of the lighting boxes, still doesn't explain where that N/S Wheel has gone though ;) lol
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 15 Apr 2012, 12:21 #7 

Jürgen
carlpenn wrote:Yes, I can now see that there are small lines across which would probably be the edges of the lighting boxes, still doesn't explain where that N/S Wheel has gone though ;) lol

You don't need nearside wheels on Mars. :mrgreen:

Posted 15 Apr 2012, 15:54 #8