I hate B&Q by Bernard

Bernard
I paid the store a rare visit today. Well, it is Wednesday so I signed up for the aged person's discount card. This enabled me to purchase some bits and pieces for 10% off what was probably 5 times what I would consider to be a fair price and I guess 25 times or more than what they must have cost B&Q to purchase. :shock:
Talk about Halfrauds being a rip-off, ay least their trade card gives a decent discount. ;)

Then, to add insult to injury, I was expected to check out the goods myself at their newly installed self scan checkout. :x I don't want to do this. I'm a helpless pensioner, I can't cope with this new-fangled technowotsit. ;) In return for their inflated prices I want to have some sort of service and human contact. Not that that used to happen much anyway in B&Q.

No wonder there are so many unemployed.

I've not finished yet, Oh no!
Reading the fitting instructions, obviously written by a non English speaking person, left me in complete confusion as there were two quite contradictory statements in adjoining sentences. Why do they bother to enclose instructions if they are just wrong?
And why, on their website, is everything, absolutely everything, marked up in price as eg. ONLY £25.99 or ONLY £64.99 ?

That's it..... for now.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 19:49 #1 

Duncan
Wot you doin reading the instructions? That's an admission of defeat, surely....

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:08 #2 

Bernard
Duncan wrote:Wot you doin reading the instructions? That's an admission of defeat, surely....

Don't you start....

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:32 #3 

raistlin
I haven't been into B & Q for a long time. Hadn't realized their prices had become so inflated. :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:48 #4 

takestock
You could always try Homebase, same quality items, 15% extra for the area they are in :stirer:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:19 #5 

JohnDotCom
I use most Trade DIY and Builders merchants and save a small fortune on B&Q prices.
What is funny often the same product from Screwfix is cheaper and they own it. :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:32 #6 

Bernard
JohnDotCom wrote:I use most Trade DIY and Builders merchants and save a small fortune on B&Q prices.
What is funny often the same product from Screwfix is cheaper and they own it. :gmc:

Screwfix were excellent until sold out to B&Q. Still pretty good but no use for just the odds and sods when Mrs L wants something done "...today"
They also have the "ONLY" pricing syndrome which I find very irritating. :evil:

I should have driven about the same distance in the opposite direction. There is still an old fashioned ironmongers shop in Alcester. But since new ownership, even they have fallen victim to the curse of the pre-packs. At least you get served by a human being.

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:46 #7 

Zeb
Have you not yet stepped into my 'Mellow' thread Bernard? :nurse:

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 00:05 #8 

Trebor
its Sainsburys i hate as you well know Bernard, anyway a pensioner with a V8 is not the norm i would suggest
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 22:17 #9 

Bernard
Zeb wrote:Have you not yet stepped into my 'Mellow' thread Bernard? :nurse:

Mellow? Bah! Humbug! :mad1:

Trebor wrote:its Sainsburys i hate as you well know Bernard, anyway a pensioner with a V8 is not the norm i would suggest

Yes, I can understand about Sainsbury's. Thanks for reminding me. ;)

Oh! and you're right, don't call me 'Norm' :o

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 23:25 #10 

starbug2
our local b and q camps cars they think are misusing the car park :shock: inc. cases of folk in the shop :panic: :iagree:

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 06:40 #11 

Tourerfogey
Mmm my local B&Q has also introduced the self checkout thingies - but as I was buying glue a memebr of staff had to come and ok it in case I was going to sniff it.

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 12:27 #12 

Bernard
Tourerfogey wrote:Mmm my local B&Q has also introduced the self checkout thingies - but as I was buying glue a memebr of staff had to come and ok it in case I was going to sniff it.

How did you assure them that you would not? ;)

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 12:45 #13 

Tourerfogey
Bernard wrote:
Tourerfogey wrote:Mmm my local B&Q has also introduced the self checkout thingies - but as I was buying glue a memebr of staff had to come and ok it in case I was going to sniff it.

How did you assure them that you would not? ;)

I told them I only sniffed lighter fuel :)

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 12:51 #14