Exhaust fumes in cabin?? by mgpete

mgpete
New to forum but need help
Have a 2005 Ztt 130 which I have owned for a year and a half. Its been a money pit from day one!.
Anyhow the last big expense was a full injector overhaul during which I had to pay someone else to get the last injector out, took 10 tonnes of pressure so I was never going to get that out by myself!. When I got it back into use after that I suspected exhaust fumes in the cabin, headaches after any journey more than a few miles etc. Before I got round to looking at it she let me down again with a fuel pump failure. At that point I parked it up and left it for a while. Now back on the road with most but not all of the many jobs it needed done, I had forgotten the exhaust issue, obviously now it is a problem again. So far have replaced pcv valve with BMW version with no filter, cleaned EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve), cleaned inlet manifold, check exhaust flexy etc etc. Still got the problem. HELP!!

Posted 18 Oct 2016, 07:06 #1 

PaulT
Are exhaust fumes getting in at the back? Back box / pipes rotten, poor tailgate seal, extract vents either side (behind rear trim of load space) not sealing correctly allowing fumes in?

Sorry that you are having so much fun!
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 18 Oct 2016, 09:58 #2 

mgpete
Thanks for your swift reply Paul, was thinking it was a problem in engine bay rather than from the back but with this vehicle nothing would surprise me!
Exhaust is sound, had stainless back box fitted a while back (another major expense of many!!). flexy at front ok, Seal of glass into tailgate and tailgate into boot seem ok though one bumper on glass is missing, will have a look at extract vents, didnt know there were any

Posted 18 Oct 2016, 11:27 #3 

PaulT
.....should have been behind side trims of rear load space.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 18 Oct 2016, 12:52 #4