DAB Conversion by Bermudan 75

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Bermudan 75
Has anyone tried the 'kits' that convert a standard FM radio to DAB?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 13 Mar 2014, 19:54 #1 

Trebor
I started a thread on the OC about this and didnt get many replies, I know that a few of the conversion kits were tried by Autocar and the issue seems to be the FM modulation of the DAB signal back to your radio frequency which lets these down Mike
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 14 Mar 2014, 09:40 #2 

Duncan
I have a Pure Highway which I use. On my Skoda I plug it in directly, but on one of the 75s I use it via FM. The quality isn't that bad with the Highway, acceptable for me anyway.

The main issue with doing that, for me, is you lose any traffic information unless you have a dual tuner radio like if you upgrade a high line radio module. But then if you do that, you can feed the signal in direct on an 'aux in' anyway, at least on later versions of the BM54.

Posted 15 Mar 2014, 14:11 #3 

ksilver
If you are fitting DAB getting a good aerial. The stick ons are really poor and you'll get a lot of drop outs.

Posted 23 Mar 2014, 20:39 #4 

Duncan
ksilver wrote:If you are fitting DAB getting a good aerial. The stick ons are really poor and you'll get a lot of drop outs.

I have a 'through glass' one on the side window of my tourer. No holes, but the performance is way better than the plain sticky on the inside ones. On one of my other cars, that has a beesting antenna, I put a new one in with DAB included and it's the best performance of any I've tried.

Posted 23 Mar 2014, 20:52 #5