Cost of Apple cables by Trebor

Trebor
I am thinking of buying an AV adapter for my I pad 2 so I can connect to the HDMI on the TV and project the I pad onto the big screen.

The cost of theses cables is a joke I have seen over £100 for genuine Apple down to £5 for the E bay specials so a bit of a minefield.

I normally accept that you get what you pay for but at the higher end these must surely be a complete rip off and £5 sounds about right to me for a cable

There are lots of non Apple ones on the market does anyone have any experience of using them or could recommend a particular cable ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 01 Nov 2014, 11:46 #1 

PaulT
Trebor wrote:I normally accept that you get what you pay

When it comes to Apple doesn't that mean ripped off?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 01 Nov 2014, 12:42 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Genuine Apple is £35.00 http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD098 ... av-adapter and you will get what you pay for. The cheap mass produced £5.00 or cheaper Chinese rip-offs may or may not work, may or may not allow correct data flow levels causing distortion or drop out on screen, may even damage the connector socket on your iPad.

This on the other hand is a Rip Off. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-APPLE ... 0725879637

Posted 01 Nov 2014, 12:56 #3 

Trebor
Thanks Mick, £40 delivered still seems expensive but would rather have the genuine article so maybe it's a compromise, it will go on my xmas list
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 01 Nov 2014, 13:31 #4 

Duncan
For not much more you can buy an apple TV unit, which supposedly allows you to do this via wifi. I have yet to figure out how, but then I only got it and a mac today.

Posted 01 Nov 2014, 17:26 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Best double check system requirements before purchasing Apple TV. http://store.apple.com/uk/buy-appletv/a ... D199B/A-UK
Rob is running an iPad 2. I believe iOS 7 may support Airplay which is required to access Apple TV from iPad, but please don't quote me. Spec states iOS 8

Posted 01 Nov 2014, 18:17 #6 

Trebor
I have Apple TV which always works fine on my I pad 2 and currently running on IOS 8.1. AirPlay is supported , the reason i am interested in a cable is that I don't always have the Apple TV available at home
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 01 Nov 2014, 20:56 #7 

woolleysox
Hi Rob I have a cable if you want it

Rob
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 05 Nov 2014, 19:33 #8 

Trebor
and at the best price too, consider the deal done !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 05 Nov 2014, 22:13 #9