Community VIS motor tester by raistlin (Page 1 of 2)

raistlin
Followiing the nano-meet this coming weekend, and thanks to the generosity of Takestock (Dave), the community will have a VIS (Variable Intake System) motor tester :)

I've been lumbered with administering it. :lol:

The tester will be available to all members of the community as there is no subscription elite here :)

New members with no history might be asked to get another member to vouch for them though. I hope the reason for this is self explanatory.

It can be borrowed by individual members or for meets, entirely up to you guys.

The procedure to borrow it will be to contact me by PM in the first instance to arrange dates.

Once dates are agreed, I'll give you my Paypal account details. As soon as a paypal payment such that a total of £6.75 materialises in my account, which will precisely cover the cost of first class recorded delivery to you, I'll post it out.

Please return the tester by first class recorded delivery when you've finished with it :)

I'll send it out in a reasonably substantial cardboard box and would ask that you open the box carefully so as not to damage it and return the tester in the same box please :)

That's all there is to it :D

It's not mine, it belongs to the community, please make use of it. :D

Is that OK with everybody?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 10:24 #1 

Last edited by raistlin on 10 May 2013, 10:29, edited 5 times in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks to Dave for providing the tester and thanks to Paul for taking on the task of managing the logistics.

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 10:34 #2 

MrB
:iagree:

Glad you sorted a way to make this available.

Having an oil burner, thankfully I won't require the use of its services.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 10:59 #3 

starbug2
MrB wrote::iagree:

Glad you sorted a way to make this available.

Having an oil burner, thankfully I won't require the use of its services.

Chris

:iagree: :iagree: :clap: :iagree: :iagree:

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 15:53 #4 

Tazman3
Thanks Dave for supplying the VIS tester to the community, and well done for the hard job of the admin of it Paul,

i know i will need it at some point as i dont have one and cant find any leads to make one..

Martin

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 21:11 #5 

raistlin
Tazman3 wrote:Thanks Dave for supplying the VIS tester to the community, and well done for the hard job of the admin of it Paul,

i know i will need it at some point as i dont have one and cant find any leads to make one..

Martin

Just PM me when ready Martin :)
Paul

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 21:32 #6 

Zeb
Thanks for doing this Paul....

Now, howsabout you using it as an excuse to come to the National Community Picnic with it?

You could even have a regas whilst you are there... :D

Posted 28 Aug 2010, 09:35 #7 

raistlin
Zeb wrote:Now, howsabout you using it as an excuse to come to the National Community Picnic with it?

My flight plan has been approved for the Cheshire meet Carl. I'm trying hard to sort things out for the picnic but it's proving difficult.
Paul

Posted 28 Aug 2010, 09:58 #8 

raistlin
Please note that, thanks to the Royal Mail's enlightened method of generating more revenue, the cost of posting the VIS tester is now £6.75 :(
Paul

Posted 08 May 2013, 19:28 #9 

Last edited by raistlin on 10 May 2013, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

Borg Warner
Have been thinking I need to get the Hippo's done and was wondering how I would go about it. Damn good idea guys will be in touch Paul in the very near future. Well when I'm off shift anyway.

PS Think of me tonight on my 10hr shift; it's very windy over here in Suffolk, there's a lot of overheads and the trees are in leaf. Going to be busy.

Love it!!!!

Gary M.

Posted 09 May 2013, 18:48 #10 

Borg Warner
Vis motor checked and one found to be faulty. How do I go about getting a re-furbished one? Bearing in mind the Freelander engine isn't as straight forward to access as the MGR cars as there's a flaming great engine cover to come off which is held in by a multitude off clips, hoses, bolts and rubber bands.

Thanks Paul will drop it back to you in the post today all things being equal.

Gary M.

Posted 05 Jun 2013, 11:28 #11 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Contact Takestock AKA Dave and he will sort you out.

Posted 05 Jun 2013, 11:33 #12 

Borg Warner
Mick wrote:Contact Takestock AKA Dave and he will sort you out.

Doh! I knew that!!!

Gary M.

Posted 05 Jun 2013, 12:58 #13 

Borg Warner
Would just like to post a thank you to Raistlin (Paul), for helping me identify a faulty VIS motor on my Freelander V6 with the Community Tester, and Takestock (Dave) for refurbishing both motors.

You guys even help to keep the best 4x4's going too.

Thank you.

Gary M.

Posted 08 Jun 2013, 15:27 #14 

raistlin
My pleasure to assist Gary. I've had more than my fair share of help from people on this forum so it is good to put something back. Besides which, Mick lets me upload my random rants and musings on here when elsewhere they would have been deleted, so good forum all round really :)
Paul

Posted 08 Jun 2013, 15:48 #15 

akaangus
Hi, new to the community recently although I've owned my ZT for nine years and had a 620ti before that, I am getting the rattle from the inlet manifold so I was wondering if the vis tester might be available for me to use?

Posted 26 Sep 2013, 03:38 #16 

akaangus
Many thanks for the use of the vis tester, power vis was faulty, but as luck would have it I kept the vis motors from an old inlet manifold I had in the loft, the power motor was ok on that, so all well that ends well. vis tester is in post back :-)

Posted 01 Oct 2013, 13:43 #17 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks Alan, glad to hear you are sorted. :)

Posted 01 Oct 2013, 14:42 #18 

raistlin
Thanks for letting us know Alan :)
Paul

Posted 01 Oct 2013, 17:28 #19 

Colin_NI
I also have one in Northern Ireland, if anyone requires testing contact me however the tester won't be loaned out anymore after it came back in three pieces last time.
Facebook events page for NI/ROI owners -http://www.facebook.com/#%21/group.php?gid=147988158548390

Posted 14 Apr 2014, 02:13 #20