Vis motor question by Bernard

Bernard
Aimed at Takestock really and something I forgot to ask at the nano-meet.

How do you get the lid off the box without breaking the retaining clips?

I did remember to ask about the connector removal but not this. :roll:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 14 Oct 2010, 19:44 #1 

Duncan
Daves the expert, but when I did mine some years ago, just eased the clips one at a time with a small screwdriver.

Posted 14 Oct 2010, 19:58 #2 

Bernard
Duncan wrote:Daves the expert, but when I did mine some years ago, just eased the clips one at a time with a small screwdriver.

That's more or less what I thought but not possessing 4 pairs of hands, I found that I broke several in trying to get them raised enough.

It was a very cold day though. :confused:

Posted 14 Oct 2010, 20:10 #3 

takestock
Very very gently, With the power one the best way is to start to prise the top up from the corner farest away from the plug, this puts the clips in that area under everso little pressure, then get your thumb nail under each clip until it clicks ;) . i find after taking the tops off 4 or 5 my thumbs are really sore :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Oct 2010, 20:53 #4 

Bernard
takestock wrote:Very very gently, With the power one the best way is to start to prise the top up from the corner farest away from the plug, this puts the clips in that area under everso little pressure, then get your thumb nail under each clip until it clicks ;) . i find after taking the tops off 4 or 5 my thumbs are really sore :(

OK thanks, Dave. :thumbsup:

But I've only got 2 thumbs to get sore... :gmc:

Posted 14 Oct 2010, 21:27 #5 

TyphoonTT
Cut up old credit cards to ease under the tabs might work. :?

Posted 14 Oct 2010, 23:32 #6 

ceb
Also found with mine that sitting them on a rad for an hour or so helped as the plastic seems quit brittle and it also helps soften up the general gunge in and around the seal/clips.

Posted 28 Oct 2010, 11:23 #7