Commercial Waste - Councils - Non Collections... by Mad-Monkey

Mad-Monkey
Morning all, just after some quick advice. I pay for a commercial waste collection each week to Birmingham Council. However recently, they have not been bothering to collect the rubbish, it has literally been, they pull up, look, leave! :x I've put in complaints and have received refunds/credits, but I'd rather them take the rubbish instead of being a bunch of lazy (insert word of choice). :x

Any ideas of who is responsible for regulating them so I can take the complaint further, as they are obviously not listening! This is now the 6th week and I've had one collection! :panic:

Thanks

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 08:02 #1 

PaulT
Phone and find out who is the Chief Exec of the council and send a strongly worded letter of complaint.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 08:38 #2 

Mad-Monkey
PaulT wrote:Phone and find out who is the Chief Exec of the council and send a strongly worded letter of complaint.

Paul

Many thanks I will give it a go. :thumbsup:

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 09:17 #3 

Bermudan 75
Find out who your councillor is and make a complaint to them.

Where I used to live in Manchester the little road sweeper used to go past our cul-de-sac everyweek, so I complained to my councillor, next day the little sweeper came up together with a team who swept all of the pavements etc..... :thumbsup:

As for commercial collections, I used to manage a block of 454 flats in Salford. We had to pay for a commercial collection, yet each flat occupier also paid for domestic refuse collection in their Community Charge. :x

Time the local authorities to get the proverbial rocket up their behinds. :mad1:

Posted 05 Mar 2011, 09:55 #4