Cheshire / Manchester Meet Sun 19th Sept by Bermudan 75 (Page 4 of 5)

geesmith
Ha har! An remember that the nointeenth is Official Talk Loik a Poirate day me hearties though no-one is expected to board yer motor and claim yer booty as we are only sposed to be talkin loik poirates. An don't ferget ta swab yer decks an all on Satdi and get all shipshape loik. Once again geesmith is hopin to be sharin the dock with yaz all but niver makes a promise as bein he often responds to whatever crosses his bow on the day... looks loik the weather is gunna run fair with a decent westerly. :stirer:

(I'm assumin Official Talk Like a Pirate day doesn't mean we are supposed to jokingly offer bootleg DVDs and such)

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 10:24 #61 

Bermudan 75
geesmith wrote:Ha har! An remember that the nointeenth is Official Talk Loik a Poirate day me hearties though no-one is expected to board yer motor and claim yer booty as we are only sposed to be talkin loik poirates. An don't ferget ta swab yer decks an all on Satdi and get all shipshape loik. Once again geesmith is hopin to be sharin the dock with yaz all but niver makes a promise as bein he often responds to whatever crosses his bow on the day... looks loik the weather is gunna run fair with a decent westerly. :stirer:

(I'm assumin Official Talk Like a Pirate day doesn't mean we are supposed to jokingly offer bootleg DVDs and such)

Ha Haw, me old hearty geesmith, well ashiver me timbers, or even me old genuine wood dash, you ave been added to to list of attendees or even those involved in a treasure hunt..........

Cheers
Mike

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 14:21 #62 

Bermudan 75
I today dropped by Horners of Swinton.

I explained about our meeting on Sunday and how we would appreciate the use of T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) to diagnose problems and enabling of T4 options.

They seemed keen to help us and said that they would probably attend, but only for a couple of hours, probably 1-3pm.

With this in mind I would ask everyone who requires a T4 session to let me know and I will set up a list.

I had previously mentioned holding clinics for our cars at this and other meets. The idea is for a number of people who can advise others on the simple mods and checks that are essential to keep our cars on the road. Again these would be of a nature that do not involve major engine / body work. The more of use who can do these checks the more of us to advise new members at meetings so taking pressure of the usual stalwarts.

They do not have to be about the car itself, for example I would like someone to show me how to attach photographs to my post on this forum.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 15:15 #63 

James.uk
Mike. Upload your picture to "Photobucket" (its free) then put yer cursor on the pic and a menu will appear under it, near the bottom of the menu you will se some garbage begining and ending with "IMG" copy paste it into your posting, then it will appear as a picture in your posting. :)

Just like this:---

Its a pic of the Pier at Colwyn Bay..:)

Erm:-- Please note the car park on the left of pic has been emptied ready for the meeting on the 26th.... = 9 days time.. ;) (hint!) :mrgreen:

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 16:42 #64 

Bermudan 75
Have this morning received a phone call from Horners and they have asked if we can provide a generator and possibly some form of shelter for their T4?

Can anyone help, short notice I know but we are quite a resourceful lot ! :thumbsup:

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 09:48 #65 

jimbo
Rover418275 wrote:Have this morning received a phone call from Horners and they have asked if we can provide a generator and possibly some form of shelter for their T4?

Can anyone help, short notice I know but we are quite a resourceful lot ! :thumbsup:

Sorry Mike can't help with either - another idea for power would be an inverter if anybody's got one and doesn't mind having their engine ticking over.

Cheers
Jim
jimbo

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 10:05 #66 

Bermudan 75
Does anyone have a generator that we could use to enable a T4 to be used at the meet?

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 16:06 #67 

JohnDotCom
If it doesn't stop raining soon you will need a boat!! :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 16:08 #68 

Trebor
as per PMs with Mike i will bring a gazebo but cant help with a genny
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 16:36 #69 

raistlin
Maybe you can get Lyndon to turn up with his :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 19:04 #70 

Bermudan 75
Unfortunately Rob informs me that Lyndon is not attending this meet.

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 19:28 #71 

johnwh74
put me and amy down for the meet and if i bring a generator do i get the first free t4 session?? :mrgreen:

John
Nottingham Forest Forever

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 19:30 #72 

Bermudan 75
johnwh74 wrote:put me and amy down for the meet and if i bring a generator do i get the first free t4 session?? :mrgreen:

John

Hi John,

You are a life saver, what time are you planning to attend?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 19:33 #73 

ace1977
What time is the meet starting tomorrow ?

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 19:34 #74 

johnwh74
Hi John,

You are a life saver, what time are you planning to attend?

Cheers

Mike[/quote]

hi Mike

No problem. Just need to get genny out the shed, not been run for a while but should be ok.
What time would be best for us to be there?

john

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 19:36 #75 

Bermudan 75
People will be turning up from 12pm onwards, I will be there about 11.30am

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 19:37 #76 

johnwh74
we can be there for about the same time as you Mike

rgds
JOhn

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 19:40 #77 

Bermudan 75
I have just sent a text to Phil & Dave (Horners T4) to let them know that we have a generator and a shelter, just waiting for a reply.

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 19:46 #78 

johnwh74
i am just going to find the torch and go hunting in the shed for the genny

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 19:47 #79 

MrB
Sorry guys but I won't be able to attend this one after all.

Hope to be able to get to the next, whenever that may be.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 21:07 #80 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.