Cheshire / Manchester Meet Sun 19th Sept Pics and Comments by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
The rain held off for most of the day and the meeting was well attended with over 21 cars in attendance, some old faces and some new. Raistlin and Trebor came up from Wolverhampton. JDC of North Wales was also a welcome attendee.

Thanks to everyone who turned up, especially Phill and Dave from Horners with their T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System), Trebor (Rob) for the gazebo and Johnwh74 (John) for the generator.

And a big hand goes to the manager of the Rompers for his excellant customer service skills :roll:

We have had a very kind offer to use the workshop and parking area at Horners, by Phil and Dave, for any future meets.

Should think some other people will be posting up some pics very soon.

Mike

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 17:26 #1 

richardwjackson
Sorry for being a bit anti-social, the rugrats are definitely staying at home next time! :D

Nintendo's and colouring books just aren't enough! :hissyfit:

I have lots of photos Mike and they are up on the other side.....did anybody else take any?

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 17:34 #2 

Keleko
Commission number: 30126

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 17:45 #3 

Last edited by Keleko on 19 Sep 2010, 21:04, edited 4 times in total.

jimbo
Wow you were quick with that posting Greg, I think I'll be eating before I'll be allowed to upload the photo's and video of today.

The three monogram's looked great together.

Cheers and best wishes to all who attended, thanks to Paul & Rob making the trek north and to JDC for his help with my hiline upgrade.

Jim
jimbo

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 17:52 #4 

Hayes'ee
(Trader)
really enjoyed today guys :) thanks to all for makin me feel so welcome :)
Ian

www.khaostuning.co.uk
info@khaostuning.co.uk

ECU Remaps from £199 - Mobile service covering the entire North West.

NEW PREMISES OPENING SOON!!!!

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 18:23 #5 

johnwh74
Good to see the familiar faces as well as new faces today. I am just glad we managed to figure out how the generator worked :mrgreen:

Thanks to the Horners guys for my t4 session, thanks to Rob ( Trebor) Rob and (Rastlin) Paulfor helping me test my fbh and the scuttle clips. some good ideas and stuff to think about from todays meet. Still think putting Amy in the boot would be the easiest way :lol:

Here are some pics we took from todays meet.

http://s754.photobucket.com/albums/xx18 ... a2d499.pbw

John And Amy :D
Nottingham Forest Forever

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 18:52 #6 

Trebor
nice to meet some old and some new faces today and a pub is always a good venue in poor weather !

my pics below

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee21 ... =slideshow
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 19:30 #7 

Last edited by Trebor on 20 Sep 2010, 06:32, edited 1 time in total.

Duncan
Looks like a good day. I wish I had been able to attend.

Instead was heading south with a bed on the roof. Although Mary is getting better, her mum is not so well. Bit complicated really.

Anyhow, looking forward, the next Wolvo one is not so far away. Pray for the weather that day, too.

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 19:49 #8 

Bermudan 75
Trebor wrote:nice to meet some old and some new faces today and a pub is always a good venue in poor weather !

my pics below

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...view=slideshow

Does anyone know how to view the pictures on Rob's link ?

I am registered with Photobucket but upload fails? :confused:

Ta

Mike

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 19:56 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Rover418275 wrote:
Trebor wrote:nice to meet some old and some new faces today and a pub is always a good venue in poor weather !

my pics below

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...view=slideshow

Does anyone know how to view the pictures on Rob's link ?

I am registered with Photobucket but upload fails? :confused:

Ta

Mike

The URL is incomplete.
I have PM'd Rob and asked him to post the complete url. :)

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 20:34 #10 

jimbo
Hi finally uploaded the video's - will have to do the photo's later.

First video is of the three monogram cars that were there.

The second is of most of the cars that attended.

Quality isn't bad, just the cameraman.

Regards all

Jim
jimbo

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 20:42 #11 

Trebor
apologies for the broken link to my pica above, should now be sorted, thanks for the pm Mick
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 20 Sep 2010, 06:33 #12 

Bermudan 75
Following on from this meet and the kind offer to use Horners premises for the next meet, does anyone have any ideas about when to have the next meet?

With the onset of Autumn perhaps we should have one more meet before 25th December and attend the Wolves nano-meet in October a'la convoy?

In the meantime I wil liase with Horners, included in this task is the rather unsavoury task of findind a hostelry within the locality of Horners for us to partake in liquid and solid refreshments.

I know this is a job that not many would undertake, but I feel that it is my duty to the Community. :cheers:

Mike

Posted 22 Sep 2010, 20:09 #13 

rovernut
i went to Horners today re new clutch for my Cabby :shock: . They are keen to hold a meet at their premises and would provide coffee etc and the use of their facilities.

Sure its not the Romper type of venue but maybe the local pubs would be more friendly :) Worth a try I think.

Any help needed in calling on all the local pubs Mike? I used to do just that before I retired from Bass!

More important its only three miles from where I live!

Chris

Chris

Posted 22 Sep 2010, 20:42 #14 

JohnDotCom
Had a great time even if it was just a flying visit.
Nice to see new faces as well as old.
Hopefully next time the weather will be kinder to allow more work on the cars.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 23 Sep 2010, 09:27 #15 

Bermudan 75
:cheers:
rovernut wrote:i went to Horners today re new clutch for my Cabby :shock: . They are keen to hold a meet at their premises and would provide coffee etc and the use of their facilities.

Sure its not the Romper type of venue but maybe the local pubs would be more friendly :) Worth a try I think.

Any help needed in calling on all the local pubs Mike? I used to do just that before I retired from Bass!

More important its only three miles from where I live!

Chris

Chris

Hi Chris,

You worked for Bass?????? :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Just happens to be my favourite bitter. In the land that time forgot, ie the Two Brewers Inn, in Chipperfield, Herfordshire , we used to sell draught Bass and Worthington and then later, Abbot Ale.

I will be contacting the guys at Horners about holding future meets with them.

Mike

Posted 23 Sep 2010, 13:38 #16 

richardwjackson
I think Horners would be a great venue for future meets and if they can provide refreshments that would be even better.

Its a shame the landlord at The Romper was being so awkward.

However, I may soon have the ability on the 75ZT OC to contact more members from our region to invite to the meets. With that in mind I think we will have outgrown The Romper car park anyway.

Posted 23 Sep 2010, 14:03 #17 

Bermudan 75
I have just spoken to Debbie at Horners to express our thanks for Phil and Dave's attendance at the meet with their T4.

As you may be aware they have offered to open their premises to host any future meetings. Debbie is contacting the local Chinese restaurant to see if we can have a discount for members of this Community.

Although Phil and Dave connected up a number of our cars to their T4 to enable certain options, we must remeber that they are a commercial concern and therefore cannot do repairs etc, free of charge.

The Wolves nano-meets have usually involved non-mechanical upgrades, eg powerfold mirrors etc. These upgrades are usually within the expertise of our diy members but there are certain upgrades or maintenance that require Rover mechanics.

Perhaps Horners could offer diagnosis of faults and repairs at a discounted price for members of the Community ?

I don't know all of the questions to ask, so if you could contribute how you think things could happen let me know and I will discuss these with the guys at Horners.

Again may I take this opportunity to thank them for attending the meeting at such short notice.

Mike

Posted 23 Sep 2010, 14:53 #18