Cheshire convoy - Target - Wolves nano-meet by Bermudan 75 (Page 3 of 3)

geesmith
James.uk wrote:I need two new front wheel bearings and brake pipes, the pipes are not urgent, but I can hear the front bearings grumbling away when I corner on smooth roads. But - My local garage can't do them untill the 6th of September when my cars booked in for its MOT.. :confused:

Thats the problem with good garages, they are always very very busy.. :roll:

I can't risk a long run so sadly I will have to miss out on yet another meeting.. :(

Come on, be honest, you can't risk a long wait for the breakdown truck...

Hmmm, now working on the less effective half pincer movement plan. :evil:

Posted 15 Aug 2010, 19:04 #41 

James.uk
Aha! all may not be lost Sir Glyn! I have a mechanic friend who has had a cancellation and if we can get the bearings he will give me a hand fitting them, but it has to be done today! (Friday the 20th) ..

*Fingers crossed hoping we can get our pandies on some new bearings locally at short notice* :em: :roll:

*Note to Sir Glynn:- I think you will find a half pincer movement equates to a frontal attack innit? But you could perhaps paint yer cars to look like a tree, drive slowly through their encampment and attack from their rear! :thumbsup:

Should you be observed, no one is going to mention seeing a moving tree, :shock: so the plan should work just fine.. :D

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 01:37 #42 

James.uk
Deep gloom..... No wheel bearings available locally, so I have ordered two for Monday..... :roll: So the convoy is a deff no go now.. Sorry all... :em:

From memory, I think the ABS (Antilock Braking System) rings are on the end of the shafts, so I didn't order any of those... *fingers crossed*

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 13:24 #43 

takestock
James.uk wrote:Deep gloom..... No wheel bearings available locally, so I have ordered two for Monday..... :roll: So the convoy is a deff no go now.. Sorry all... :em:

From memory, I think the ABS rings are on the end of the shafts, so I didn't order any of those... *fingers crossed*

As I understand it the magnetic reluctor ring for the ABS is built in to the bearing, one or two have lost their magnetism over the years and caused the ABS light to pop on :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 13:53 #44 

JohnDotCom
From memory rears are part of it and fronts can be purchased with/without although genuine only come with.
Confused? Sorry about that. :gmc:

Often worn / cheap or wrongly inflated tyres can cause the symptoms of wheel bearings. ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 14:01 #45 

Bermudan 75
It seems that the Cheshire convoy is not going to happen, shame really, but we do have a meet planned for the 19th September.

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 15:39 #46 

James.uk
My thanks to Dave and John for the info. Now I am no longer puzzled. . . . . I am completely confused!! :roll:

Hopefully it will all become clear when we get the wheels off and have a look.. :)

As for the tyres. Good thinking John, but I had them diagonally swapped when the problem first appeared and it made no difference.. :em:

Shame the convoy-invasion had to be canceled, but on the bright side at least I didn't miss it.. Erm ... You better let Sir Glynn know before he paints his car to look like an Oak tree and invades the Nanos alone... :shock:

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 16:40 #47 

geesmith
I had trouble securing a raised vantage point from which to descend so reccied from a distance due to my outnumberedness......

Which translates as...

My Taiwanese work colleague is due to go back to Canada(!). Days before he leaves he's cancelled his insurance knowing full well that a Taiwanese visitor from HO was landing at Manchester today (Sunday) so Sir Glynn had the task of retrieving said lady from said air terminal and transporting her to sunny Barnsley o' the North.. having informed me of his ill timed withdrawal of insurance cover last night...
...absolutely nothing to do with him having clipped a parked paramedic vehicle a few days ago.
His English is very good but seems to have descended to non existent since I tried to explain that he won't get half his money back due to having only used 6 months...and he wont get any back due to the Ambulance service having filed a claim against him....

Mandy of Taiwan thought my car very beautiful. (I think your carvery beautiful....took a while to pick the bits out of that piece of conversation, I thought she was hinting that I should take her for a meal) :shock:

I hopes all went well with the camping and repair/moddery.

Posted 22 Aug 2010, 21:08 #48