Nope.

But why do you ask????

Gary M

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 21:17 #2 

Bermudan 75
I thought this was a joke........

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 21:23 #3 

raistlin
Rover418275 wrote:I thought this was a joke........

No. Quite the reverse. I have a series of questions I would like answering so that I can make a decision.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Jun 2014, 05:51 #4 

raistlin
That'll be a NO then :(
Paul

Posted 20 Jun 2014, 08:06 #5 

takestock
used to, 25yr ago........
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 20 Jun 2014, 19:14 #6 

raistlin
takestock wrote:used to, 25yr ago........

Thanks Dave. I need to talk to someone who has recent knowledge of their protocols when surveying for loft insulation.
Paul

Posted 20 Jun 2014, 19:30 #7 

takestock
I can send you a full specification for installation of loft insulation under the government eco scheme if it helps. I also have a service delivery manger working for me who is an expert in the matter. I used to survey for loft insulation a little while ago :) PM me your issues,
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Jun 2014, 06:52 #8 

Bermudan 75
I used to have to report on loft insulation within my building surveys, as Dave said Paul.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 21 Jun 2014, 07:14 #9 

raistlin
OK chaps,

What I need to know is why, on a survey for loft insulation, they measured the dimensions of every room in the house, window sizes, how much ceramic tiling there was in the kitchen and bathroom, size and age of all double-glazed doors, how old the garage is, size of the garage flat roof, how old the carpets were, the size and condition of the radiators, how old the drive is. You see my point :(
Paul

Posted 21 Jun 2014, 08:42 #10 

takestock
Sounds like a full heat loss calculation of the property including U values (thermal calculations of walls floors roofs etc).
Green Deal Assessors would do similar. They may have to produce figures to show how installing loft insulation would improve the overall heat loss or efficiency of the property. To do this you will need to know size, make, material and coverings of heat loss surfaces. If the garage is built on to the property then it will have an impact on the heatloss. The wall leading through to the garage will have a reduced heatloss to a standard wall and then the garage will have a secondary heatloss.
I had the opportunity to take the Green Deal training but it was over 2k for the qualification (on top of my 1k for my gas registration that is due next year.) and to be fair it has been rather slow on the uptake to say the least, glad I saved my money at the moment but there may come a time :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Jun 2014, 10:13 #11 

Dave
raistlin wrote:OK chaps,

What I need to know is why, on a survey for loft insulation, they measured the dimensions of every room in the house, window sizes, how much ceramic tiling there was in the kitchen and bathroom, size and age of all double-glazed doors, how old the garage is, size of the garage flat roof, how old the carpets were, the size and condition of the radiators, how old the drive is. You see my point :(

We had this a few weeks back, but we were having cavity wall insulation at the same time, so like Dave says

takestock wrote:Sounds like a full heat loss calculation of the property including U values (thermal calculations of walls floors roofs etc).

we had the full survey........

Posted 21 Jun 2014, 10:50 #12 

raistlin
OR... they are taking the opportunity to gather information for future sales leads. Pardon me for being cynical ;)
Paul

Posted 21 Jun 2014, 10:59 #13 

Dave
That'll be it!

Posted 21 Jun 2014, 11:00 #14 

PaulT
A former colleague had problems with her central heating and called in BG. They concluded that it needed power flushing at something like £800 if my memory serves me correctly. Sounded very dubious to me. In 15 minutes I found the zone valve and replaced the actuator for about £16 and then there was working central heating. Based on this would I trust BG?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 21 Jun 2014, 20:29 #15