amount of threads displayed per page by RRobson

RRobson
not a problem, in fact far from it, but would it be possible to increace the amount of threads displayed on one page? 20 posts per thread was a much better way of doing things, can read much more of the thread in one go, but an older thread soon moves onto the next page very quickly with only 20 per page. 40 may be better, but obviously it is also dependant on what other people think, and how easy it is to do :)

however, great site, really enjoying the new layout and so far i have found it very easy to navigate, so top marks to everyone involved in setting it up, keep up the good work :thumbsup: :clap:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 21:27 #1 

SpongeBob
If you mean posts per page then 20 is a good number, anymore and the pages get too long in lenghth therefore increasing loading times. If we find a way to make it selectable per-user then we will do so but for now it's 20 for all. Hope that helps :)

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 22:07 #2 

RRobson
SpongeBob wrote:If you mean posts per page then 20 is a good number, anymore and the pages get too long in lenghth therefore increasing loading times. If we find a way to make it selectable per-user then we will do so but for now it's 20 for all. Hope that helps :)

sorry, i have come across wrong, 20 posts per thread is great, i think its an excellent amount. i meant when (for example) when the 'view new posts' icon is sellected on the home page, 25 (not 20, i counted wrong) threads are displayed on one page. i though if 40 or 50 threads were displayed, then finding a recent thread would be on the same page, rather than looking through other pages.
iirc, 150 threads could be displayed on the other channel if quick links, then todays posts were selected, and i though that was too many. it was sometimes difficult to find the one i was looking for

Injector removal tool
Vis tester

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 22:18 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
RRobson wrote:
SpongeBob wrote:If you mean posts per page then 20 is a good number, anymore and the pages get too long in lenghth therefore increasing loading times. If we find a way to make it selectable per-user then we will do so but for now it's 20 for all. Hope that helps :)

sorry, i have come across wrong, 20 posts per thread is great, i think its an excellent amount. i meant when (for example) when the 'view new posts' icon is sellected on the home page, 25 (not 20, i counted wrong) threads are displayed on one page. i though if 40 or 50 threads were displayed, then finding a recent thread would be on the same page, rather than looking through other pages.
iirc, 150 threads could be displayed on the other channel if quick links, then todays posts were selected, and i though that was too many. it was sometimes difficult to find the one i was looking for

I see what you mean Reece. it is set at 25 as an abitrary number as that is what fits on one page on my 27" screen. We'll have a play about and see whether it really is a benefit increasing the number of threads shown if it looks good we'll change the number.
Thanks for letting us know, it's stuff like that gets overlooked once the initial set up is complete.
If it's possible to make it a per user choice then that would be even better.

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 23:09 #4 

RRobson
not all of us have the privelage of sitting in front of a 27" screen, 19" will have to do for me ;) as i said previously, it is all dependant on how other users feel because if the majority are happy with this layout then thats fine, i have no problems with it. happy to see feedback is being welcomed, great work lads :thumbsup:

Injector removal tool
Vis tester

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 09:11 #5 

JohnDotCom
It's more fun on a 4" or whatever iPhone. :mrgreen:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 09:36 #6 

RRobson
JohnDotCom wrote:It's more fun on a 4" or whatever iPhone. :mrgreen:

some of us arent anywhere near posh enough or important enough to own an iphone :lol:

Injector removal tool
Vis tester

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 09:39 #7