Actually, this ISN'T a good idea!! by loz1971

loz1971
This might sound like every motorists dream, but down here this could spell trouble!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/10566508.stm

I'm afraid that with the Mini Riviera run, and Run to the sun, and other events, we get far too many "boy racers" down here, and the facts are that these motorists cause over 50% of the accidents on the South west's roads!!

There are a lot of dangerous country lanes here, and combine that with loose sheep, cows, horses slow moving, wide tractors/ combine harvesters, caravans and large numbers of cyclists and you really don't know what's round the next corner. This isn't a problem for the locals, we expect it, but for visiting motorists, these things can come as a surprise.

Losing this funding WILL contribute to more deaths on our roads, and I for one have already seen too many down here!!!

Well done Gordon Brown, you did us proud!! (********) :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 08:15 #1 

loz1971
OK, why cant you write the word c-a-r-avan without it turning into caravan??

You little tinkers!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 08:17 #2 

MrB
loz1971 wrote:Well done Gordon Brown, you did us proud!! (wa**er) :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

I love the way the Tories have managed to make every spending cut they announce Gordon Brown's fault.

Was no fan of the last Government but I hate the way this lot are blaming them for everything they do.

Having driven around the South West I know what you mean about the roads. A lot fo tall hedges on twisty narrow roads. There's no way to anticipate what is round the next corner, and passing points can be far apart. As an experienced motorist you adjust your speed accordingly, same can't be said of everyone.

More traffic cops is the answer, but we all know that isn't going to happen.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 08:22 #3 

loz1971
Sadly this was first suggested in a report when Gordon prat was still in power, it's not the new governments idea, and we already have plenty of traffic officers down here, we are one of the few areas they weren't cut!! the answer was the speed cameras, as the report states, casualties have fallen by 40% in 5 years, and the speed cameras were responsible for a large part of this.

Still, I'm sure they know what's best for us ;) ;)

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 08:33 #4 

DeuxGazoles
loz1971 wrote:OK, why cant you write the word c-a-r-avan without it turning into fibreglass shed??

You little tinkers!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes you can Caravan see :mrgreen:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 08:39 #5 

MrB
I stand corrected on the Gordon Brown part.

You hardly see aTraffic Cop up here. When you do they are normally nicking a Biker for having a plate the wrong size, while some idiot in an X5 tailgating some poor pensioner goes driving by.

Fixed speed cameras are everywhere, and speed bumps, but they don't stop anything.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 08:40 #6 

Bernard
DeuxGazoles wrote:
Yes you can Car[ color=#000000]avan[ /color] see :mrgreen:

Oh! A cunning plan! :clap:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 08:44 #7 

DeuxGazoles
Bernard wrote:
DeuxGazoles wrote:

Oh thanks for blowing my cover Bernard :hissyfit:

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 08:49 #8 

loz1971
MrB wrote:speed bumps, but they don't stop anything.

I agree there, speed bumps are a total waste of time!!

The traffic cops down here are pretty good really, they have several unmarked cars ( 3 Volvo V70's, on red, one blue, one whit, 4 Ford Focus's and a silver Mondeo ST220, but not that I've noticed ;) ) but they rarely pull people over for silly things, well, not that I have heard anybody talk about anyway, but VOSA are all over the place!! if there not weighing your van, there dipping your fuel tank!!

Swines!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 09:05 #9 

loz1971
Bernard wrote:
DeuxGazoles wrote:

HA HA!! BUSTED!! nice try at making me think I'm crazy though Col!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 09:07 #10 

DeuxGazoles
Dagnammit :gmc:

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 09:22 #11 

Bernard
DeuxGazoles wrote:Dagnammit :gmc:

I tried it but I but I was spelling 'color' correctly.... :gmc:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 09:46 #12 

loz1971
Also, why is it when you write LED (Light Emitting Diode) it gets underlined??? :confused: :confused:

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 10:47 #13 

DeuxGazoles
loz1971 wrote:Also, why is it when you write LED it gets underlined??? :confused: :confused:

That's because it rather cleverly gets re-produced with a meaning next to it :mrgreen:

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 11:02 #14