A Really Good Day & thank you to all. by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
Those of you who have had the unfortunate experience of meeting me, will know that I've not had the best of months over the past year. Numerous problems which do not seem to improve etc....

The only consistency, and if truth be known aspect of my life that has got me through some pretty rough times - was my car, and you guys - the people who were on the other side when I joined the OC and who are now on here. Both on a motoring and personal level, you've all been fantastic and I hope that so far has just been the start of things.

I've been so impressed with the car and heart-warmed by the members of this fine establishment, that I have been recomending these cars to a friend who I have known for years - after the meet at ours last weekend - we finally won him over.

He had found a 2005 ZT-T on ebay and asked me to go have a look this evening - which I did. 05 Reg, 63k diesel in X-Power Grey, more toys than mine and very good history - after doing my bit I resigned the vw polo I am in at the moment, whilst the Gents discussed the deal and I am pleased to say he put a deposit on it, pending the sale of his Astra.

I'm planning to have given the car a service and once over for him before the picnic. He should be on here saying hello shortly and with pics when he gets the new car.

But just to summarise from me - thank you all for all your help and support so far.

Best,

J

Posted 22 Aug 2010, 22:37 #1 

Last edited by JakeWilson on 22 Aug 2010, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.

JohnDotCom
Hi Jake,
I am so pleased that you have found some help and friendship that we all need in the Community.
May any problems become less and where help be needed that it can be found from the great members on here.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 22 Aug 2010, 22:41 #2 

MrB
Hope whatever problems you have had will improve.

On the Community front, I have to say that I could quite easily have given up on my 75 a long time ago, but this place has kept me going.

Hope to meet you amongst others at the national picnic.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 22 Aug 2010, 22:53 #3 

Zeb
Nice post Jake.. :D

Onward and upward my friend... ;)

Posted 23 Aug 2010, 08:52 #4 

Dave
Zeb wrote:Nice post Jake.. :D

Onward and upward my friend... ;)

Indeed! :clap:

Posted 23 Aug 2010, 08:55 #5