A wonderful series by raistlin

raistlin
With lecturing winding down for the Summer break I've been at my desk doing admin whilst at work and to divert me I've been re-watching the 'House of Cards' trilogy.

Absolutely wonderful :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 17:33 #1 

Martin
Yep superb also been watching Tinker tailor/ Smiley's people another good watch.
Ahhhh were has the quality gone. A few semi recent ones you my like to add to this.
Murphy's Law
Cracker
Wire in the blood

Older

The avengers (I have to admit to having the complete series starting from before Honour Blackman)
The Sweeney ( Your nicked)
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 17:56 #2 

Bermudan 75
raistlin wrote:With lecturing winding down for the Summer break I've been at my desk doing admin whilst at work and to divert me I've been re-watching the 'House of Cards' trilogy.

Is that the one where the PM says, "I didn't say this but........." or words to that effect. In the final scene he lets a young lady fall from the clock tower of The Houses of Parliament. ?

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 18:06 #3 

raistlin
Rover418275 wrote:
raistlin wrote:With lecturing winding down for the Summer break I've been at my desk doing admin whilst at work and to divert me I've been re-watching the 'House of Cards' trilogy.

Is that the one where the PM says, "I didn't say this but........." or words to that effect. In the final scene he lets a young lady fall from the clock tower of The Houses of Parliament. ?

Mike, the classic, iconic, not to say seminal phrase was:-

You may very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment

Yes, the murder of Matty was just one of his capital crimes... wonderful thing, ambition. Later on he effectively deposes the King :D
Paul

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 18:11 #4 

calibrax
I've recently been enjoying watching "Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased)" each morning before I go to work (7am - 7:50am on ITV4).
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 18:14 #5 

raistlin
Martin wrote:Yep superb also been watching Tinker tailor/ Smiley's people another good watch.
Ahhhh were has the quality gone. A few semi recent ones you my like to add to this.
Murphy's Law
Cracker
Wire in the blood

Older

The avengers (I have to admit to having the complete series starting from before Honour Blackman)
The Sweeney ( Your nicked)

Murphy's Law was certainly worth watching.

I found that The Avengers went downhill at an alarming rate after Diana Rigg. :cry:

I have "Porterhouse Blue" to watch next week :) and I'm listening to "Yes Prime Minister" when in the car :)
Paul

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 18:17 #6