Vodafone SIM card - is this a scam? by Dave

Dave
We got a SIM card in the post this morning, to our address (printed on the package), so not just randomly through the door

However, the name on the package was neither mine nor Gill's - it was to "Ryan Lawton". I've done a Google/Facebook search and can't find anyone of that name in Sleaford.....

Guessing it's a genuine mistake, but it does seem odd that someone could send off for something like this and get their own address wrong..... Just done a "Live Chat" with Vodafone, who didn't see all that concerned but did promise me

- Yes I will just share this feedback to our concerned team and will surely take an strict action.
- I am forwarding your complaint along with strong feedback to the dedicated team and rest assured that they will definitely take strict actions for it.
- Yes I can assure of that and we will also delete your address from our records as well.

.... although I'd be more concerned as to how our address got on to their records in the first place!

Can't really see how it could be a scam but wondering if anyone has heard of anything where it could be?!

Posted 09 Feb 2016, 15:50 #1 

humphshumphs
I would think that it's simply a typo on a postcode lookup.... so it gets your address with someone elses name?
Richard

Posted 09 Feb 2016, 18:10 #2 

Dave
Could be, although my (admittedly amateurish) search is not finding anyone matching the name anywhere in town.... Hmmmm

Posted 09 Feb 2016, 22:52 #3