The ROVER 75 and MG ZT COMPANION by Mick (Page 1 of 2)

Mick
(Site Admin)
A book by Colin Gray AKA Roverite.
Originally created with a view to hard copy print for prospective owners of the Rover 75 and MGZT. (Alas prohibitively expensive).

All the information contained herein is available elsewhere on this forum and on some others, however, as Colin had gone to a great deal of time and trouble to write this owners companion guide, ostensibly for people that do not use the internet, it seemed to me a travesty that it should be consigned to the bowels of his own computer hard drive and never see the light of day. (Please bear in mind this was written during 2011-2012 and is, as one would expect, not up to speed on many innovations and adaptations created by some of our most knowledgeable members.)

Right click to download to your computer for viewing/print or left click to view the pdf document in your web browser. The file size is 45Mb

The ROVER 75 and MG ZT COMPANION

Posted 25 Jan 2013, 20:25 #1 

Zeb
That sound excellent! I know of a small publisher that will do short runs at very reasonable prices...mate of mine had a Peak Districts Walks book published there a few years back - 200 books... just a thought?

Posted 26 Jan 2013, 09:54 #2 

Zeb
Do you mind if I stick a link up to this or put a copy on the Enthusiasts site?

Edit: Been having a read through this.....it is a fantastic piece of work! It NEEDS publishing....maybe summat can be done about that?

Posted 26 Jan 2013, 09:55 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
As Colin has given distribution rights to the Community I can only say you are welcome to put a link to this topic on your forum.

Posted 26 Jan 2013, 10:17 #4 

Zeb
Great! Thanks Mick! And a huge thanks to Colin for writing it!

Posted 26 Jan 2013, 10:40 #5 

Last edited by Zeb on 26 Jan 2013, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.

raistlin
Thank you to Colin :)

Well worth having all this info in one place and in hard copy. Printing it off at the moment.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 26 Jan 2013, 11:56 #6 

Bermudan 75
Very useful, from what I have read I will be cleaning my PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve) filter tomorrow.

Posted 26 Jan 2013, 21:27 #7 

Roverite
Thanks for all the positive comments. Mick stated that it was primarily written for people that are not familiar with the internet, however, I have found that it will be useful to many current users of the internet and current R40 owners. One long term owner that I know was struggling to find somebody to bring his 75 up to scratch, but when I showed him an article I had written for the RSR, he was able to make a two day trip, from Bridgenorth, to 'Jules' in North Wales and, as expected, he was delighted that the car was put back to 'new' condition. Another article I did for the P4 Guild, led to me receiving ten calls from prospective owners, some of which said that a quick reference guide would help them in their search. I know that Colin NI has a complete Buyers Guide and there is lots of other information on the net, but hopefully the 'Companion' will give people an appetite for R40 and point them in the right direction for further sources of information.

Many people, like Jules and The Monk have helped me personally and this is my way of putting something back. I hope the 'Community' benefits from this book and that more new members will think a small donation to the 'Community', is money well spent.

Roverite.

Posted 27 Jan 2013, 11:43 #8 

Roverite
Rover418275 wrote:Very useful, from what I have read I will be cleaning my PCV filter tomorrow.

Don't clean it, fit a new one. They are cheap and can be purchased from Rimmers, most factors and from Jules. Jules deserves all the business he gets and his price is probably the lowest. There is an illustrated 'how to' guide on replacing the PCV filter on the MG-Rover.ORG site. I haven't checked on the 'Community' site, but I know the MGRO guide is very good. I hope this helps.

Roverite.

Posted 27 Jan 2013, 11:53 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I think you'll find most guides are already available here in the "Know How Guide" database forums Colin. ;)
pcv-valve-change.html

Posted 27 Jan 2013, 11:56 #10 

Bermudan 75
Roverite wrote:
Rover418275 wrote:Very useful, from what I have read I will be cleaning my PCV filter tomorrow.

Don't clean it, fit a new one. They are cheap and can be purchased from Rimmers, most factors and from Jules. Jules deserves all the business he gets and his price is probably the lowest. There is an illustrated 'how to' guide on replacing the PCV filter on the MG-Rover.ORG site. I haven't checked on the 'Community' site, but I know the MGRO guide is very good. I hope this helps.

Roverite.

Hi Colin,

You are right, I checked the prices of the new filters and by the time I would have bought a new jam jar to empty and some white spirit, it would have cost more to clean it.

Thanks again for you 'Companion'.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 27 Jan 2013, 12:50 #11 

Roverite
Mick wrote:I think you'll find most guides are already available here in the "Know How Guide" database forums Colin. ;)
pcv-valve-change.html

Mick, you are quite right. I was told lunch was ready and had to quit the Forum, but I had checked and it appears to be a fully illustrated 'how to'.

Roverite.

Posted 27 Jan 2013, 12:55 #12 

Mintman
Hi Roverite

Perfect job!!!!!

Many, many thanks!!! :clap: :idea: :thumbsup:

Posted 01 Feb 2013, 17:51 #13 

Roverite
I understand that James Taylor (the well respected author of 'older' Rover books), is publishing a book about R40 75s and ZTs in March next year. Should be a good read.

I also understand there is a magazine to be published about R40s, soon. Not quite sure how this will work, but I will keep my eyes out for it!

Roverite.

Posted 04 Aug 2013, 15:22 #14 

Zeb
Roverite wrote:I understand that James Taylor (the well respected author of 'older' Rover books), is publishing a book about R40 75s and ZTs in March next year. Should be a good read.

I also understand there is a magazine to be published about R40s, soon. Not quite sure how this will work, but I will keep my eyes out for it!

Roverite.

The inaugural edition of the 75&ZT Enthusiasts' magazine will be out late August/ early September. It will be available as a digital download but also, we hope, as a 'proper' magazine - depending on costs, this will be a limited edition souvenir run. If anybody that isn't a member of the Enthusiasts wishes to have a copy then you can sign up here with your email address to receive it.(It will not be used for any other purpose) Future issues will be coming out on a quarterly basis at a small cost to help fund our activities on the Enthusiasts.

You can sign up for the FREE inaugural edition of the 75&ZT Enthusiasts' quarterly magazine here:

http://www.75-zt.com/news/magazine/

Posted 10 Aug 2013, 10:51 #15 

Roverite
Zeb wrote:
Roverite wrote:I understand that James Taylor (the well respected author of 'older' Rover books), is publishing a book about R40 75s and ZTs in March next year. Should be a good read.

Roverite.

The inaugural edition of the 75&ZT Enthusiasts' magazine will be out late August/ early September. It will be available as a digital download but also, we hope, as a 'proper' magazine - depending on costs, this will be a limited edition souvenir run. If anybody that isn't a member of the Enthusiasts wishes to have a copy then you can sign up here with your email address to receive it.(It will not be used for any other purpose) Future issues will be coming out on a quarterly basis at a small cost to help fund our activities on the Enthusiasts.

You can sign up for the FREE inaugural edition of the 75&ZT Enthusiasts' quarterly magazine here:

http://www.75-zt.com/news/magazine/

It is out now as a Free PDF Download for members and the December issue will be £3 to members.

Roverite.

Posted 03 Sep 2013, 15:12 #16 

Zeb
1st edition free to all - members and non-members :-)

Click here to download the first edition of the 75&ZT Enthusiasts' Magazine,
http://www.75-zt.com/magazine/75zt_magazine.pdf

We do, of course, hope it will inspire people to join us!

Posted 03 Sep 2013, 15:16 #17 

boogiedrummer
Hello, I am new here. I am from the Czech Republic where it is rather a challenge to get more detailed information about these lovely cars. I have Rover 75 and the moment I saw it I fell in love with. Before I didn´t care much about cars, I had Daewoo Lanos, Nexia, Skoda but then all of a sudden I saw it and said to myself I must have it one day. And I bought it a couple of years ago. thanks so much for letting me be part of this club. Great job with the Rover 75 and ZT companion as well. :-) cheers

Posted 12 Feb 2015, 18:21 #18 

Duncan
Nothing wrong with Skodas, though. I have two, to go with my two R75s. I'm always impressed how many R75s I see around Europe.

Posted 12 Feb 2015, 19:54 #19 

Trebor
boogiedrummer wrote:Hello, I am new here. I am from the Czech Republic where it is rather a challenge to get more detailed information about these lovely cars. I have Rover 75 and the moment I saw it I fell in love with. Before I didn´t care much about cars, I had Daewoo Lanos, Nexia, Skoda but then all of a sudden I saw it and said to myself I must have it one day. And I bought it a couple of years ago. thanks so much for letting me be part of this club. Great job with the Rover 75 and ZT companion as well. :-) cheers

Welcome aboard Martin, your profile says you have a duotone 75, please post some pitures for us all to see.

We have plenty of detailed information and members who know the cars inside out so just ask if you need help/advice
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 13 Feb 2015, 09:21 #20