The ROVER 75 and MG ZT COMPANION by Mick (Page 2 of 2)

boogiedrummer
Hello Duncan, yes, you are right, nothing wrong with Skoda, its just that its VW engine, bodywork etc. at least it is still produced about 20km from my hometown :-). On the other hand, if it weren´t for VW, there would probably be no Skoda these days. I´ve recently driven the latest Octavia and must say huge improvement from the previous one. I like 75/MG, anyway, though :-). Even though living in Czech it would be more practical and cheaper to have Skoda, I still drive my R75 and look after it as much I can. My wife is very tolerant :-), she thinks I am crazy, maybe she´s right :-), Men never grow up, do we? :-)

Duncan wrote:Nothing wrong with Skodas, though. I have two, to go with my two R75s. I'm always impressed how many R75s I see around Europe.

Posted 13 Feb 2015, 20:12 #21 

boogiedrummer
Hello Trebor, yes, I will post some pictures of my car. I am happy to do so. I am afraid, I don´t have any pictures of the interior, I will take some. I´ve done a lot of changes and I´d like to do even more :-). Next week Iam taking the car to the garage to have it serviced and to have H&R lowering springs installed. The next mod to do to install powerfolds. I got English, so I will have to convert them to continental driving. keep your fingers crossed, please :-). I also have Roewe grill and MG ZT MKI bumper and will try to put them together. But step by step, not enough time and money :-).
I have a massive help and support from my friend Rashi who I met on the75andztclub. who´s done similar mod to his bumper. We became friends thanks to our shared hobby. I guess I have seen your car as well, black MG ZT MKII with 19" alloys, right? Such a beauty, with the wheels it looks tremendous.

Posted 13 Feb 2015, 20:34 #22 

Duncan
boogiedrummer wrote: On the other hand, if it weren´t for VW, there would probably be no Skoda these days.

Yes, Bentley too in the UK.

I still drive my R75 and look after it as much I can. My wife is very tolerant :-), she thinks I am crazy, maybe she´s right :-), Men never grow up, do we? :-)

That is so true! I have bits of Rove75 and Skoda Superb all over the kitchen right now (well mostly always). I get bad looks, but no real problems. Even the Vicar knows most of my ebay parcels have car parts in. I suppose I get away with it because cars have paid my wages for my entire career.

Posted 13 Feb 2015, 22:13 #23 

boogiedrummer
I´ve just taken some photos of the interior, so i a moment pictures of my car will be available in the forum´s calendar :-). I wonder if you like it :-).
Yes, I like Bentley as well. Luxurious and classy cars, I prefer MGR, though, great comunity of people, luxurious and classy as well :-). Tell me about it, every other package that arrives by post is something for my car :-). I wonder if it ever ends, I guess not :-).
Feel free to Czech out the photos :-)))

gallery/boogiedrummer-a98

Posted 14 Feb 2015, 15:04 #24 

Bolin
Very nice photos of a very nice car there :)

Posted 16 Feb 2015, 19:13 #25 

steve00136
I have also put a link back from my blog https://mgzt.info to this post and excellent online book. A very good read for all Rover 75 and MG ZT enthusiasts.
Thanks
2003 MG ZT 260SE [url]MGZT.info[/url]
1975 MGB Roadster [url]MGB.tips[/url]

Posted 20 Feb 2021, 06:35 #26