STILL leaking!!!!! by TyphoonTT (Page 3 of 3)

Lates
(Trader)
JakeWilson wrote:Sadly I seem to have lost some of the pictures, however on the ZT-T project, we did find water was dripping down from the fuel filler neck! What I wasn't able to establish however, was whether or not it was coming in from the fuel flap or from above the neck and dripping down.

Where is the O ring located ? Does anybody have a picture with a broader angle ?

Posted 27 Jun 2013, 17:15 #41 

Duncan
There's a photo of it, on the plastic bung. I assume it's Jakes Dad's hand? The thin O ring sits under the head of that bung, in almost the position shown in the photo.

EDIT: or do you mean where are the bungs on the car? They are for the black plastic finisher at the top of the tailgate aperture. You can see the one in Jakes photo in my posts, just by the letter C. The bung is fitted in my photo, with part of the finisher still stuck inside it.

Posted 27 Jun 2013, 17:20 #42 

Lates
(Trader)
Hi Duncan, sorry was asking whereabouts the bung was. I have seen "C", the bung is slightly up and to the right I think?

Posted 27 Jun 2013, 17:37 #43 

Duncan
Yes, that's it. There are a few across the top, but that one, and the one on the left side are where all the water runs past, so looks a prime candidate for a leak path. Unfortunately on mine it made no difference.

Posted 27 Jun 2013, 17:48 #44 

Lates
(Trader)
If it would stop raining I would go and look :(

Posted 27 Jun 2013, 17:54 #45 

Bermudan 75
Lates wrote:If it would stop raining I would go and look :(

That'll be August then, :lol:

Posted 27 Jun 2013, 18:06 #46 

Duncan
Oh, and there's still water on the loadspace cover. It looks like the tailgate rubber itself, even though this was replaced with a brand new one.

Satnav is still dry though.

Posted 27 Jun 2013, 18:29 #47 

Nebrog23
I had the leak on to the load space cover. It was coming from the glass of the tailgate between the seal and the glass. I ran some clean silicone over it and it has been dry ever since. It was coming in and dripping from behind the brake light.

Posted 15 Aug 2013, 20:12 #48 

Duncan
Nebrog23 wrote:I had the leak on to the load space cover. It was coming from the glass of the tailgate between the seal and the glass. I ran some clean silicone over it and it has been dry ever since. It was coming in and dripping from behind the brake light.

I'll have another look there, but I think it's the other seal on mine. It seems to come and go if I play with the other seal but I can't be sure.

Posted 15 Aug 2013, 20:40 #49 

JakeWilson
Found the leaks in the ZT-T today, by having one person sat in the car, whilst the other went around the car with a hose. We found one of the dreaded sideline trip clips was the source of one leak, as was the sharks-fin for the highline navigation!

Posted 16 Aug 2013, 18:59 #50 

Bermudan 75
Rover418275 wrote:
Rover418275 wrote:This may help to illustrate where the water leaks from the internal trim onto the load cover.

If you look closely you can see a droplet of water, this shows that the water mustbe leaking in from the hinge area.

This picture clearly shows water about to drop onto the load cover, can't be the glass or tailgate rubber seal. The source is still more than likely the area Duncan illustrated in his earlier posts with the annotated photographs.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 16 Aug 2013, 22:11 #51