Leaking rad problem by cymrudragon

cymrudragon
Good morning gents and ladys, i have a small leak from the rad, as you face the front of the car on the bottom edge of the rad (plastic edging) there seams to be a drip of coolent, is this a simple fix :confused: or a new rad , thinking new rad so found a new om part for £61+vat+p+p......but ... Rimmers £218 inc vat thoughts ...Andrew....UPDATE>>>>>>>>>> orderd new rad, is it possable to replace the rad without removeing the bumper? i have air con??

Posted 02 Aug 2010, 11:04 #1 

Andrew
I would think it is possible to replace the radiator without removing the bumper etc but from my point of view as it takes no time at all to remove the bumper etc i would feel i did a much better job with the bumper off etc.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 03 Aug 2010, 13:25 #2 

cymrudragon
Andrew wrote:I would think it is possible to replace the radiator without removing the bumper etc but from my point of view as it takes no time at all to remove the bumper etc i would feel i did a much better job with the bumper off etc.

Thanks Andrew, that is what i thought ,remove bumper ,dont fancy getting the ac de-gased to remove the rad and all the other bits i have seen how another member done it and he moved the ac pipes without disconnecting them ....oh well off with the bumper it is then

Posted 03 Aug 2010, 18:05 #3 

takestock
As said, no need to degas aircon, the aircon rad just moves to the side.:)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Aug 2010, 19:33 #4