Steering wheel control wiring by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
I am fitting a new DD unit to my car. There are two wires coming from the IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) side one is red and the other black. There is also a blue wire that disappears down to the left below the ATC (Automatic Temperature Control) panel. Does anyone know what these wire are for, and where they should be connected to?

Thanks

Mike

Posted 19 Aug 2016, 18:39 #1 

Duncan
Have any of those got a second (trace) colour? Red with a white trace is illumination for switches and things. The steering remotes are both blue with coloured traces.

Posted 19 Aug 2016, 19:31 #2 

Bermudan 75
Do the steering remote wires run to the ISO connector? None of the wires in my first post have a trace colour.

Posted 20 Aug 2016, 18:22 #3 

Duncan
The wiring diagrams aren't much help, but I seem to remember they go to the ISO and also to the eight way black interconnect. Colours are blue purple and blue orange.

Posted 21 Aug 2016, 08:51 #4 

Bermudan 75
Well I found a connector from the old JVC adaptor that looked as though it might fit to the new unit. Plugged it in and my steering wheel controls now work. Thanks for your help Duncan.I did take a photograph of the red, black and blue wires that are hanging around. I will post it up so some light may be shed on what they are for.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 22 Aug 2016, 21:26 #5