New stereo steering control by Bluepantha

Bluepantha
Hi all

This has probably been asked many times before, but I've search and cannot find the answer, we have replaced the Kenwood stereo in our ZT-T with a Sony unit, all went well apart from the steering controls.

We have bought a multistalk adaptor, PC99-X39, but cannot work out how to connect it. We know there are infrared sensors just above the stereo unit, but how do we go about connecting the two pins in the red plug to this?

Thanks for anyone help in advance.

Posted 01 Apr 2013, 16:41 #1 

Duncan
The infra red thing above the stereo is a sender, rather than a sensor. This will be connected to a little black box somewhere, and the other end of the black box will connect to the controls in the steering wheel.

I'd expect you need to connect these controls to your new box, instead of the existing black box.

Posted 01 Apr 2013, 16:51 #2 

Bluepantha
Thank you for getting back to me, we found the black box that connects the sender to the steering controls, but which colour wire goes to which pin?

I was hoping I'd find someone who had used the same adaptor and had created a step by step guide.

Anyone out there able to help me?

Thanks

Posted 02 Apr 2013, 20:30 #3 

Duncan
Sorry, I don't know any more than that as I don't have either your old or new systems myself.

Posted 04 Apr 2013, 17:58 #4