HK Wiring Components by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
I need to fabricate a loom for the second tourer for the HK it's having the complete HK set up as well as the highline installed.

Does anyone know where I can get the connectors for the amplifier and also a connector for the subwoofer?

Cheers,

Jake

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 01:12 #1 

Ragman
PM RLS on the two-sixties, he may well know

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 01:16 #2 

Mad-Monkey
The amplifier connectors are available from RS Comonents.

173853-1 (18 pin Amp) - £0.89 - Tyco / RS
173851-1 (12 pin Amp) - £0.66 - Tyco / RS

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 12:47 #3 

JakeWilson
Thanks Gents,

Didn't realise there is a pin difference in the connectors. Do you happen to know when the pins are different as in Highline/non highline?

I'm still chasing for a highline tourer amplifier that I bought last year, so was going to for the time being, use a tourer non highline amplifer in its place.

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 13:46 #4 

Duncan
There are two connectors on all amps. The numbers are the housings, the pins are the same for both connectors.

Having looked up in RS on the numbers, one appears to be the socket rather than the plug. David, did you order against those numbers and get the right part? RS's descriptions these days are misleading to say the least.

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 14:35 #5 

JakeWilson
sorry Duncan, being an idiot here with questions like that - bloody migraine! There are 2 connectors, I remember clearly now!

Will be interested to hear how David got on, as if they're right then I can get some ordered. What would you suggest as a connector to the sub Duncan?

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 14:50 #6 

Duncan
The sub connectors are BMW specific. I may have a spare in the garage, but you know how long it takes me to find things. I have another task outside right now, so I should be able to look!

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 15:26 #7 

Duncan
Mmm. What colour is the connector on the sub? Is it black, or clear?

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 15:49 #8 

Mad-Monkey
They're the part numbers I had saved from stuff that got posted on the other side when I was looking to do it. I ended up getting a complete loom though.

Not much help :(

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 17:42 #9 

yl51hfb
This company sells most of the BMW connectors and alot of older Rover ones http://www.simtekuk.co.uk/. If you click on 'Automotive connectors' on the left menu and then click on 'Multilock 070 series' it will come up with them. The HK amp uses the MALE 12 pin and the MALE 18 pin ones. The 12 pin one can be removed from any Rover/MG 25/45/TF or the later 200/400/MG-F with the Lucas 5AS alarm. The white plug is the same. You will have to cut both connectors off the other car to have enough pins for the Lucas 5as way as they only use 4 or 5 and the HK needs all 12. If you buy them from this company you do get the pins but you need a special crimp tool to crimp the wires.

I do have the tool if anybody needs to borrow it.

Posted 10 Feb 2012, 23:04 #10 

Duncan
Excellent link, I will be doing some browsing.

Posted 11 Feb 2012, 12:04 #11 

Mad-Monkey
That site is cracking!

Posted 11 Feb 2012, 20:30 #12 

yl51hfb
Ive got another for the BMW AMP min and quad-ra lock connectors. But I will have to dig that one out as I never remember it.

As for the HK sub connector just get a 4 way connector or use insulated crimp connectors as under the sub is just a small link lead with spades to the bass drivers.

Posted 12 Feb 2012, 15:14 #13