Password change. by Jumper

Jumper
I think my password may have been compromised in some way as it kept rejecting, saying 'incorrect'. Went through the 'I've forgot my password...' which I haven't, and got a new one. It is incomprehensible and I want my old one back! Why is there no facility for e-mailing someone, and if there is, where is it ? Why does the search box on the page header not respond to a mouse click?

Posted 20 Feb 2011, 18:08 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
You can now change your password to your preferred one in "your settings" Had you been able to contact one of the admins, your password would have to be reset as they are encrypted and not retrievable.

Search box works fine here.

Posted 20 Feb 2011, 18:18 #2 

Bernard
I think that Jumper is indirectly referring to the fact that one has to put the search word(s) in the box before clicking.
It caught me out too.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 20 Feb 2011, 18:28 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Could be Bernard. It does work in the same way as a search box on any other site, somehow it is expected that the search criteria be typed in before a search is performed. :)

Posted 20 Feb 2011, 18:38 #4 

Jumper
Bernard wrote:I think that Jumper is indirectly referring to the fact that one has to put the search word(s) in the box before clicking.
It caught me out too.

That's right, naturally I put the search words 'change password' into the box and clicked on the icon. Nothing.

Posted 21 Feb 2011, 18:52 #5 

Jumper
Anyway, password now changed! I reckon my confusion may be down to my tech training being done on an abacus.

Posted 21 Feb 2011, 19:00 #6