October Nano-meet by raistlin (Page 5 of 5)

monsterness
What a great day what a brill bunch of folks enjoyed myself througly thanks for all the help and mods she will look better the next meet when she has her new coat on

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 22:10 #81 

woolleysox
It was another great meet good to see you all again.
just a few pictures of todays fun and games,

http://s642.photobucket.com/albums/uu14 ... no%202011/
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 22:49 #82 

Mad-Monkey
Thanks for a great day chaps! Please extend my thanks to your crack team of chefs Rob! Loads of tinkering and a fantastic atmosphere. :)

Posted 17 Oct 2011, 07:02 #83 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Sorry to have missed this one, looks like a great day had by all again. The Nano Meet goes from strength to strength. :)

Posted 17 Oct 2011, 11:37 #84 

Trebor
I have a sore foot this morning but didnt fancy phoning in sick saying I had fallen off a bumper ! ( you had to be there and happened right at the end of the day )

I have been thinking of the savings you can make at these nano meets when compared to taking your car into a garage, yesterday i had 2 cars there as have just bought a 190 for swmbo and wanted that checked over, jobs i completed were:

Diesel:

Steves excellent handbrake mod
Fixed the screen flickering on my Xtrons when the sidelights are switched on

190:

T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) session to check for faults and options switched on - lazy locking and speed locking
VIS (Variable Intake System) motors tested and were not working but fixed at the meet by Mr Edd and Ian
Drivers carpet door trim - someone had tried to glue it but a complete waste of time, removed the glue and fitted the proper fixings which Duncan gave me and jobs a good un
Plenum spyhole mod

I reckon I have saved at least say £250 -£350, not that i would have taken it into a garage in the first place with the available network of help on here but its just an example

Mr Edd has been patiently waiting for his door lights mod now for some time so at the next one I will note to start that and try and rope the gang in too to get it done quicker and send you home happy.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 17 Oct 2011, 12:04 #85 

Bermudan 75
Bumper? what bumper? I know nothing, officer :roll:

Posted 17 Oct 2011, 14:21 #86 

Arctic
(Trader)
Rover418275 wrote:Bumper? what bumper? I know nothing, officer :roll:

But there is photographic evidence sir or is this your twin :)
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Oct 2011, 00:13 #87 

Bermudan 75
OK I'll come cleanly..... :em:

Posted 18 Oct 2011, 08:50 #88 

moretvicar
My belated thanks for the help, advice and general bonhomie shown by all.

Special thanks to Duncan for his detective work and repairs. Thanks also to Paul for his anayisis of my FBH (Fuel burning heater.) and to Rob et al for the refreshments that kept the day ticking over.

It was good to meet more of you guys on what was a smashing day. Look forward to the next one. :thumbsup:
Nick

Posted 18 Oct 2011, 19:55 #89 

Duncan
You are welcome Nick, that's what these events are about. I'm just sorry it was such bodgery that we ended up uncovering. Just need to sort that airbag problem now.

Posted 18 Oct 2011, 20:03 #90 

raistlin
Pleased to have been able to help Nick. :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Oct 2011, 20:08 #91