No cover - is it possible? by PaulT

PaulT
Good idea of Jumpers but, is it possible that each contribution is fed into a thread as though it was a book - i.e. each part is not just in a separate post.

As regards the forum rules - wonder if someone can get political argument, racism, religion and sexism covered in 100 words :twisted:
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 15:52 #1 

Jumper
Any suggestions as to the first question Mick? Regarding the second, would have thought that using a 'character' to act as a vent's dummy for the dissemination of such views would fall foul! However, a character could easily be shown to have extreme, if that is what they be, views without necessarily going into them?

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 16:15 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
1. No, it's not possible for people to all post independently into one post. The only thing I can suggest is one person copy and pastes each section into a single post. i.e. the OP copy and pastes text into the opening post as the story progresses. As with any list for an event or meet.

2. Providing the entries do not appear to construct an argument or cause bad feeling among the participants or any others that may read the story. Characters in the story may indeed be any of the types in subjects stated. For example. "The racist scum entered the bar and was immediately set upon by an angry mob, they cut off his unmentionables and fed them to the goldfish which had hitherto been quietly minding it's own business in the bucket by the sink."

As Pauls suggestion is obviously tongue in cheek I suggest that type of character be avoided unless considered vital to the story. I would prefer not to be put in the position of having to edit it to keep the forum peace, which in and of itself opens a can of worms.

That is one of the only rules governing members conduct on the forum and I can assure you it is in place for very good reason.

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 19:24 #3 

Jumper
Points taken. Having read these forums for some time, and elsewhere, I believe the unfailing goodwill and manners on here would prevail anyway!
If there are no enthusiastic volunteers, I would be happy to do as suggested in item 1 by contributions pm'd to me to then be pasted into the one post. As an important add-on: I do not want to be in any way an editor or censor so if any pm's are sent with pertaining content it would be useful if contributors kept a copy to ensure accurate transfer. I would include suitable discreet notation to indicate origin. Alternatively, any other workable suggestions would be welcome. Thanks for the interest.

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 20:26 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I think you're making it overly complicated.
Either copy paste the content of each post directly into your opening post on the same topic. You have an edit button. ;)
Or.
Simply start another topic "No Cover......The Whole Story"
Then copy and paste text from the original topic into a single post using the edit button as described above.

Both topics can be made sticky and as they would be the only stickies in the social forum they will appear together at the top of the list.

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 21:13 #5 

Dave
If the book gets finished, how are you going to split the royalties?!

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 22:02 #6 

kandyman
Dave wrote:If the book gets finished, how are you going to split the royalties?!

Everyone get a pack of jammy dodgers each.

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 22:27 #7 

Dave
kandyman wrote:
Dave wrote:If the book gets finished, how are you going to split the royalties?!

Everyone get a pack of jammy dodgers each.

Well, that's more than fair! :thumbsup:

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 07:10 #8 

Jumper
What? A whole pack? Each?

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 13:45 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Generous to fault that Kandyman. :D

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 14:27 #10