Nano-meet Sunday 13th March - Venue Confirmed by raistlin (Page 12 of 14)

starbug2
was this site down as couldn't post for a bit ? a good day , good folk and a b-b- q :cheers: :thumbsup:

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 21:25 #221 

Trebor
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 21:28 #222 

Mick
(Site Admin)
starbug2 wrote:was this site down as couldn't post for a bit ? a good day , good folk and a b-b- q :cheers: :thumbsup:

It was Stephen, it was set to reboot "Netboot" mode, which takes longer than a standard reboot, we also did some system checks to make sure all was intact. All sorted. :)

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 21:28 #223 

Merl
Well this was my first meet in what appears to be almost 2 years (thank you James to pointing that out) and what a return it was!

I met up with some old faces and a lot of new ones and had a great day out! top marks to the chefs and whoever made the coffee! oh wait I made my own lol.

Can't wait for the next one and will bring a crate of beer for those what want to help me (I use help me loosly as I will be hopeless, except as tea boy...) fit some seat covers and maybe a new dash... (runs and hides).
Martin

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 21:32 #224 

Trebor
really nice to meet up with you again Merl dont forget my ride in your 400bhp beast when you get it back and your beer will be very welcome at the April nano !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 21:42 #225 

Bernard
Great day! Thanks to the organizers once more especially for getting the weather sorted. :D
Thanks also to Duncan for clearing the path a little in the search for my SRS (Supplementary Restraint System) fault.

My journey home did not go so well though, the traffic on the M6/M5 being so heavy that it took nearly 2 hours to travel the 50 miles home.
Fuel is obviously not expensive enough to keep cars off the road. :gmc:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 21:46 #226 

Merl
Trebor wrote:really nice to meet up with you again Merl dont forget my ride in your 400bhp beast when you get it back and your beer will be very welcome at the April nano !

Hi Rob I won't forget! felt like old times us being the last 2 away again...

Has anyone got preference on what Beer I get? Beer in mind (I know terrible joke) 1st dibs goes to the seat fitters ;)
Martin

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 21:51 #227 

Merl
Bernard wrote:Great day! Thanks to the organizers once more especially for getting the weather sorted. :D
Thanks also to Duncan for clearing the path a little in the search for my SRS fault.

My journey home did not go so well though, the traffic on the M6/M5 being so heavy that it took nearly 2 hours to travel the 50 miles home.

Shush we don't want them going higher!!! it did look heavy going southbound I have to say, wasn't too bad northbound but heavy going in places!
Martin

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 21:52 #228 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Southbound M6 was dreadfully slow, anybody see the car on fire on the hard shoulder, it was just getting going as I went past. NO flames just loads of smoke then.

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 21:56 #229 

takestock
Looks a super day, how come the weather was different at the last one Rob ? Hope to see everyone at the next one chaps. :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 22:20 #230 

JohnDotCom
Look forward to seeing you there also Dave.
Like a summers day this afternoon.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 22:23 #231 

Duncan
Merl wrote:Well this was my first meet in what appears to be almost 2 years (thank you James to pointing that out) and what a return it was!

I met up with some old faces and a lot of new ones and had a great day out! top marks to the chefs and whoever made the coffee! oh wait I made my own lol.

Can't wait for the next one and will bring a crate of beer for those what want to help me (I use help me loosly as I will be hopeless, except as tea boy...) fit some seat covers and maybe a new dash... (runs and hides).

Seat covers we can do. I have done my own dash twice, but bear in mind I got tired and left the car in pieces for weeks. So you may find your car stripped down, but not rebuilt :lol: :lol:

Seriously, can give some guidance and help with the seat cover job, but if it's anything like today I'll be busy with the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System).

Could do with one of them T4 Ninja's to relieve the pressure....... :panic: :panic:

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 22:23 #232 

Trebor
Hi Dave, i dont look back only forward which is wise as i am known as rain man in certain circles, i just enjoy when the weather is good and hide when it is not, will be good to see you at the next nano though
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 22:25 #233 

Duncan
takestock wrote:Looks a super day, how come the weather was different at the last one Rob ? Hope to see everyone at the next one chaps. :)

Two theories about the weather.

Last Nano, Paul was not there.

Last Nano, Dave was there.

Glad to hear you are at the next one, will make sure I bring the right laptop and interface to do the reverse camera job on the TV tuner. I did have a slight moment of panic when someone said you were at this one as it was still at home.

Looking forward to it.

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 22:28 #234 

James.uk
Well the weather was awfull for Colin coming down to my place. From here out to Runcorn (M56) it rained, then it cleared into a lovely morning. Got to JDC's and on the way back to the M6 we caught up with the rain again. :(

Got to the na na na na na nah meet at 10-30 and soon after that the rain cleared off resulting in a really lovely day.. :)

Had a really nice time, met friends old and new, and enjoyed the food and coffee's.. :D

Roving Dennis kindly drilled a hole in my car, but then we couldn't find the reason for it, namely the hole in the bottom of the plenum chamber, eventually after removing the ECU (Engine Control Unit) we finally found it lying at the bottom right under the new hole Dennis had just drilled, bit of luck that I thought. :D

Colin did a lot of the driving on the way back, he was very good, I even offered him a job as my chauffeur but his reply had to be written on a piece of paper and was handed to the Clerk of the Court... :o

My thanks to all for making it such a nice day out.. :thumbsup: :clap:

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 22:29 #235 

raistlin
It seems to me that these meets can't go wrong :) That MUST be down to the people that turn up :) even from the outermost fringes of the empire :thumbsup:

Another terrific day, even though I wished Les' car far away at times. Thanks to Steve (Devilish) for persevering in working out the car's "Friday afternoon" wiring whilst I was helping with Martin's car. Eventually completed the ultimate remote mod though and I suspect that Les was happy :D

Yet again, Ben's girls showed us all just how well behaved young people can be. Hats off to them for putting up with what must have been an incredibly boring day.

Nice to see new faces as well as the 'usual suspects' ;) I'm just sorry that the workload precluded getting to talk to everyone. Nice to see the lame walk as well :lol:

Thanks to a certain lady who shall remain nameless who wound me up about the ladies loo as well :lol: We'll have a bucket for you next time ;)

Food, as usual, was excellent and was it just me or did the tea and coffee taste just a little bit better with water from the Nanomeeter's own urn? Thanks to the community who bought it for us and thanks to Lyndon who graciously agreed to store it for us :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 22:33 #236 

Trebor
and now the spring approaches, many more meets to enjoy, cant wait.

Although the Midlands Nanos have got bigger an bigger and we now usually meet at the 4 Ashes who have the room to accomodate us, i think we should still meet at Teddy Bears Nursery now and again as it is really enjoyable
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 22:42 #237 

starbug2
Bernard wrote:Great day! Thanks to the organizers once more especially for getting the weather sorted. :D
Thanks also to Duncan for clearing the path a little in the search for my SRS fault.

i got home in about in under a hour appox , sorry to hear your trip was not good nice to see you again and look forward to seeing you again soon :cheers:

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 22:43 #238 

raistlin
Trebor wrote:i think we should still meet at Teddy Bears Nursery now and again as it is really enjoyable

I agree. The spiritual home of the nano-meet, so to speak :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 22:46 #239 

JohnDotCom
Just need a portaloo hut for the ladies and girls with five present today, at least no passing trains.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 22:53 #240